Video Games Thread

dildo69er

What did I get myself into. I've been avoiding RPGs for years because I know how much of a time commitment it is. Final Fantasy 6 feels like it's never ending. Luckily, it's a fun, well-made game. But holy shit I'm not used to games that go on for this long anymore, especially not retro games.

I'm finally getting into Zelda: Breath of the Wild after a year of owning it. The game is fun but I don't like how it's not clear what to do next. Okay, there's 4 beasts that I have to defeat, but which one should I defeat first? I don't mind that there's no hand holding, but damn this is a huge open world, it would be nice to have some indication. So right now I'm just roaming the lands and clearing every shrine I can find.

32 minutes ago, Thomas D. said:

I'm finally getting into Zelda: Breath of the Wild after a year of owning it. The game is fun but I don't like how it's not clear what to do next. Okay, there's 4 beasts that I have to defeat, but which one should I defeat first? I don't mind that there's no hand holding, but damn this is a huge open world, it would be nice to have some indication. So right now I'm just roaming the lands and clearing every shrine I can find.

Go with your heart, but that's the neat thing about this game. You can go at your own pace.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Thomas D. said:

It’s an amazing game but yeah like Kyle said just do whichever you find first. There’s no order. I did the water one first.

you can even skip the beasts al together if you wish and storm hyrule castle immediately and take on Ganon. Although you’d get you’re kicked in well before you made it halfway through the castle

• Like 1

Ive gotten into fortnite. My gf dad and my good friend play it (play together mostly). Ive played it on ps4 a few times there and like it. Tried getting it on my laptop which took me about 6 hours cause my computers about 9 years old and I havent had windows update done in a long time and it was missing some vital programs. Finally got it going and just like suspected, my computer is much too out of date to run it. I was planning on getting a new computer once i started working but now i really want one. Epic Games is dumb though. I tried playing it on xbox one at my gf house and it wont let me cause i started on pc and it just permantly logs me in under my account so i cant even try to make a new account to play on xbox. 

On 2/1/2018 at 7:26 AM, Thomas D. said:

I've completely stopped playing it, I stopped being interested. It's just not a game style for me I suppose. 

I gave my Switch to a coworker to have for her kids. It just isn't for me. I couldn't get into the Zelda game, I've no real desire to play Mario Odyssey and, after looking at the upcoming release, I have no real interest in any of them. The console is great and works fantastic and I think Nintendo is spot on with it ... Controller buttons are a bit small though ... But the games just don't do it for me.

I'm assuming you didn't have a pro controller? Those are amazing and the battery lasts fucking forever.

Right now I'm looking forward to Bayonetta 2 and Hyrule Warriors, which are old games but I never played HW and never beat B2. Gotta get my shit together though. I'm like 10 games deep on the switch and need to finish up.

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Kvothe said:

What games are people looking forward to this year? 

I probably won't buy many. The only ones that look really intriguing are Sea of Thieves, Red Dead Redemption 2, and the Dark Souls remaster. Maybe Battlefield if EA doesn't fuck it up too much with microtransactions. 

Red Dead Redemption 2 likely.

I did download the new Kirby Star Allies demo and I might pick that up. But also Metroid 4 probably is coming out. Bayonetta 3. Mario Tennis Aces hopefully makes it worth getting over it's Wii U counterpart. I skipped it completely because it seemed lacking. Kentucky Route Zero: TV Edition will also be a buy for me. No More Heroes 3 if it's interesting. I guess there's a pokemon game coming out too. Beyond Good and Evil 2? Marvel's Spider-Man I have high hopes for.

Honestly just trying to catch up on games like Bloodborne and L.A. Noire.