Video Games Thread

dildo69er

17 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I didn't realise people still played Nintendo, I thought it died when n64 life cycle ended.

Time to move onto the big boy consoles now guys.

I had a GameCube ... hated it.

I bought a Switch ... hated it, gave it away. 

I think you're right.

Nintendo is still the only gaming company that isn't trying to blatantly rip off its customers though. What I mean is, when you buy their products or games, you're almost always getting the finished product. Microsoft, Sony, and most third party developers just want to nickel and dime you for as many different things as possible. Nintendo is the only console company that actually respects its customers. 

34 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Well, they should ... there isn't much else going for them. 

They have by far the highest profit margins on their consoles manufactured and dominated the Wii-Xbox 360-PS3 cycle. The Switch is tracking pretty similar to Xbox One for global sales and they pretty much own the handheld market as well.

13 minutes ago, Kvothe said:

They have by far the highest profit margins on their consoles manufactured and dominated the Wii-Xbox 360-PS3 cycle. The Switch is tracking pretty similar to Xbox One for global sales and they pretty much own the handheld market as well.

Still ethan. 

4 hours ago, darkarrow said:

They screwed up the wii-u royally.  Shoulda named it something new, a lot people thought it was just an add on for the wii at first.

Which is why they keep re-releasing Wii U games for the Switch, since nobody had a Wii U to buy them on. This is the reason I don't feel the desperate need to get a Switch yet, since I have a Wii U. Aside from Mario Odyssey, it feels like the best Switch games are on the Wii U as well (Zelda, Mario Kart 8, Splatoon 2 looks basically the same as Splatoon 1, etc...)

I do want a Switch. But I don't feel like I need one yet. Metroid Prime 4 and Super Smash Bros (assuming it's a brand new Smash Bros and not just the Wii U version with a few extra characters/costumes) are definitely gonna be big reasons to finally get one though.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2018 at 8:04 PM, Kvothe said:

What games are people looking forward to this year? 

I probably won't buy many. The only ones that look really intriguing are Sea of Thieves, Red Dead Redemption 2, and the Dark Souls remaster. Maybe Battlefield if EA doesn't fuck it up too much with microtransactions. 

def RDR2. For some reason im excited for spiderman. Gameplay looks fun. And also death stranding. 

On 3/11/2018 at 11:44 AM, knapton said:

Ive gotten balls deep into fortnite. I play on xbox and my buddy plays on pc and they are finally making cross platform play finally happen. 

Theres some damn fun streamers for that game too

Fortnite is awesome. I'm fucking awful at it though. I've come top 2 twice and top 3 a handful of times, but haven't won a game (solo) yet. But I still have a blast playing it, every game is always different. 

2 hours ago, Kvothe said:

Fortnite is awesome. I'm fucking awful at it though. I've come top 2 twice and top 3 a handful of times, but haven't won a game (solo) yet. But I still have a blast playing it, every game is always different. 

Im kinda the same. I won solo once with 13 kills and i was so god damn pumped. Sometimes i do alright and get like 5 kills and sometimes i do shit. I watch streams all the time too now

17 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I have never played it, seen clips if people playing it ... no clue what's going on at all. As far as I can discern it's an FPS Battle Royale with carpenters. 

Pretty accurate. It's a third person shooter, Battle Royale with destructible environments and the ability to build a bunch of cool stuff with 3 different materials that differ in fortitude (wood, brick, and metal). The game runs really smoothly as they recently upped it to 60 FPS. Art style works well and the controls are really tight. The best part of the game is that they frequently update it with new weapons, modify the map, and provide plenty of aesthetics and challenges as well. Should be interesting to see how the new mobile version plays. It's one of the better free-to-play games out there, as it is not pay to win but rather just pay for aesthetics and more challenges/xp. 

It would be cool if they added vehicles at some point, like PUBG.