What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

1 minute ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I'd definitely be interested in reading them. I just feel like I don't have the time to devote to reading a long series like that right now (which is ironic considering I've just watched nearly six seasons of the TV show in a very short span of time). Usually when I'm not in school I read more, so maybe during the summer, or after I graduate.

Fair, fair. I read the last three during the summer. A great series to get lost in. :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

I only read the first book and I don't have any desire to the others. I find Martin's style tedious... just way too focused on detail. Love the show though.

Yeah this is one of the main reasons I've heard from people on why they don't like the books. A valid criticism I think. He spends a lot of time setting up the world and explaining backstories that can just become too much. I do wish the show followed the books more and just focused on the action packed political/military scenes in the books--but I still like it a lot.

4 hours ago, knapton said:

The show kinda drags on. If you watch it week to week its kinda annoying. I watch it but im happy its almost over. 

Yeah I think if I wasn't binge watching it super fast I wouldn't like it as much. I think I'm just going to wait until the seventh season is finished before I start watching it. I hate waiting in between episodes.

I might have to check out A Series of Unfortunate Events. I've heard good things. I never read the books, so my only exposure to the franchise was the Jim Carrey movie (side-note: the random appearance of the Aflack duck in that movie is one of the weirdest, most out-of-place cameos ever, and because of that I think it is hilarious). It was an okay movie.

2 hours ago, Stevie Friggin' Speedo! said:

Do you know what show sucks donkey dick? Portlandia. Who watches that drek?

I can't stand it either. I'm from Oregon and all of my friends love it and everyone's like "lolll this is soooo accurate." Honestly in a lot of ways it totally is accurate, it captures the weirdness of Portland pretty well, and I love Portland, but for some reason I can't stand the show's humor. It makes me cringe.

I put Big Bang Theory and like, King of Queens on the same level of genuinely funny. They're both just... meh.

I've been watching a combo of Twin Peaks, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Black Mirror, Peaky Blinders, and probably adding more to that rotation soon. I dunno why I've picked up so many at once, I guess I just watch different things when I'm in the mood for them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am really struggling lately to find anything worth watching. The Crown was surprisingly good but apart from that everything seems a bit naff. I really need to find something soon or I might get rid of Netflix. 

54 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Love me some First Dates, The Australian one is fucking fantastic, you watched any?

This man...Jesus Christ. 

39F19FB700000578-3892806-image-m-2_14779

I've seen bits. I noticed that all the Aussie women are absolute cunts.  The ones I've seen anyway. Proper stuck up bastards