What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

36 minutes ago, Kvothe said:

Have you watched Handmaid's Tale, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, etc.? 
Those are all good shows...but outside of Black Mirror, I wouldn't put them in my top 5. 

It's all subjective. I don't really like serious shows and Parks & Rec takes the cake for me in that essence.  I've never seen Handmaid's Tale though.

1 hour ago, Vera Mathews Band said:

It's all subjective. I don't really like serious shows and Parks & Rec takes the cake for me in that essence.  I've never seen Handmaid's Tale though.

Oh I know, I just mean overall quality I would put those shows (along with Stranger Things) above what you mentioned, and PnR was my favourite for a long time.

Since you like comedies, have you checked out Silicon Valley, Nathan For You, Rick and Morty, and It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia? Those are some of the better current comedies IMO.

2 minutes ago, Kvothe said:

Oh I know, I just mean overall quality I would put those shows (along with Stranger Things) above what you mentioned, and PnR was my favourite for a long time.

Since you like comedies, have you checked out

Silicon Valley

No, what platform is it on?

Nathan For You

Yes, love that show, but it's more one and done, can't really rewatch it but I enjoyed the heck out of it.

, Rick and Morty

It's pretty good, but Archer is my favorite animated series, might have to put that on my list forgot about it.

, and It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia?

Yes, enjoy Always Sunny and quite a few others just not as much as the ones listed.

1 hour ago, Vera Mathews Band said:

That's okay you don't have to watch them?  

Like Casey said, they're not awful, they range from okay to very good - but it's a pretty bad top 5. 

All about the serious shows for me, not a big fan of comedy - I'm funny enough in my day to day life so got that area covered generally. I can't kill people, run drugs or fight dragons though, so I'm all about that when it comes to entertainment. 

4 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Like Casey said, they're not awful, they range from okay to very good - but it's a pretty bad top 5. 

All about the serious shows for me, not a big fan of comedy - I'm funny enough in my day to day life so got that area covered generally. I can't kill people, run drugs or fight dragons though, so I'm all about that when it comes to entertainment. 

List your top 5. Someone who's not a fan of comedy but on a blink board is pretty jarring. Also reeks of serial killer.

• Wow 1

well I assume you haven't watched a lot of tv....

Parks and Rec was a pretty awesome show until around season 6 and it just got so .... Flanderized. Everybody was just a specific characteristic and had no longer had actual depth.

• Like 1

I've seen a lot of TV, I wasn't under the impression you aren't allowed to have your own personal favorites. 

Drug/gang stories are overdone. 

I've already seen Lord Of The Rings.

I've already seen the Goonies. Oh, 80s retro vibe though oh wow, gimmick over.

I'd say my top 5 are:

1) BoJack Horseman

2) Arrested Development

3) Malcolm in the Middle

4) Bob's Burgers

5) maybe Game of Thrones? Black Mirror? Lost? I don't know.

Everyone has certainly watched more TV than I have, though. I rarely if ever watch TV.

2 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

well I assume you haven't watched a lot of tv....

Parks and Rec was a pretty awesome show until around season 6 and it just got so .... Flanderized. Everybody was just a specific characteristic and had no longer had actual depth.

Pretty much. I'm just about done rewatching it and I had the same thoughts. Although midway through Season 6 it gets good again, as you can tell they realize they don't have much time to wrap up the series and conclude everyone's storylines. I recall they that faced cancellation a few times when it was airing.

My top 10 for "modern", which I define as the most recent episode airing in the last 10 years, would be something like:

1. Breaking Bad
  2. Game of Thrones
  3. Handmaid's Tale
  4. Better Call Saul
  5. Arrested Development (seasons 1-3)
  6. Stranger Things
  7. Rick and Morty
  8. Black Mirror
  9. Fargo
  10. Westworld (haven't seen season 2 yet) 

Handmaid's Tale season 2 was some of the best television I've seen lately. Season 1 was good but not amazing, but season 2 they knocked it out of the park. 

HM to: Nathan for You, Silicon Valley, The Office, PnR, 

Not including mini series or documentaries like Planet Earth. 

I just can't get behind Stranger Things. It just loses so much momentum early on and really doesn't go beyond 80s media pastiche.....

This is my personal favorite shit from the past 10 years.

• Peep Show (03-15)
  • Enlightened (11-13)
  • Twin Peaks (90-91, 2017)
  • Mad Men (07-15)
  • Breaking Bad (08-13)
  • The Jynx (2015)
  • Game of Thrones (11-)
  • Rick & Morty (2013-)
  • The Deuce (2017- )
  • Community (2009-2015)

12 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

I just can't get behind Stranger Things. It just loses so much momentum early on and really doesn't go beyond 80s media pastiche.....

This is my personal favorite shit from the past 10 years.

• Peep Show (03-15)
  • Enlightened (11-13)
  • Twin Peaks (90-91, 2017)
  • Mad Men (07-15)
  • Breaking Bad (08-13)
  • The Jynx (2015)
  • Game of Thrones (11-)
  • Rick & Morty (2013-)
  • The Deuce (2017- )
  • Community (2009-2015)

I really liked the mystery and suspense of Stranger Things, learning about the experiments that Eleven was involved in reminded me of The X Files and LOST. The second half of season 1 was at times a borderline thriller/horror show. The main appeal is that all the characters are likeable and it's just a fun show to follow. I've never been crazy about the 80s theme, it's a nice touch but doesn't do much for me.

Community I would have listed, but it had that one season that was a dud when Dan Harmon left. 

I thought you didn't like Rick and Morty?