What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

On 12/31/2018 at 6:52 AM, Scott. said:

Is anyone watching the innocent man on Netflix? It’s fucking brilliant and shocking. It’s similar to making a murderer. I love these docs Netflix do. I have two eps left and I’ve enjoyed it more than making a murderer and evil genius. 

I watched this a little while ago. I thought it was okay. Not nearly as good as Making A Murderer, imo. Probably on par with Evil Genius though.

On 12/31/2018 at 6:52 AM, Scott. said:

Is anyone watching the innocent man on Netflix? It’s fucking brilliant and shocking. It’s similar to making a murderer. I love these docs Netflix do. I have two eps left and I’ve enjoyed it more than making a murderer and evil genius. 

I watched this a little while ago. I thought it was okay. Not nearly as good as Making A Murderer, imo. Probably on par with Evil Genius though.

I think I'm a few years behind on this, but finally got around to watching "THE OA" on Netflix. Was really into it, but not satisfied with the end of the season at all. I guess it is a good thing I just now watched it, as it has been 2 years and Season 2 still hasn't been released. (Though confirmed to be coming at some point)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

I think I'm a few years behind on this, but finally got around to watching "THE OA" on Netflix. Was really into it, but not satisfied with the end of the season at all. I guess it is a good thing I just now watched it, as it has been 2 years and Season 2 still hasn't been released. (Though confirmed to be coming at some point)

I really enjoyed the OA. I didn't know anything going into it, and by the 2nd or 3rd episode I was really hooked. I found it very similar to LOST, with all the cliffhangers and mystery where you just want to know what happens. I really like the actor that plays the villain (same guy as the villain from A Cure for Wellness, but that movie kind of sucked). The finale was also pretty solid IMO.

Edit - just checked, sounds like season 2 should be coming soon as filming wrapped up quite a while ago. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

The finale was also pretty solid IMO.

I just have so many questions like (spoilers ahead for others?

Spoiler

Did the captive people really exist? I was really looking forward to her opening that realm with the new crew and going back and saving them. They alluded with the Homer book that she made it all up, though the YouTube clip of Homer getting injured at the football game was real? Is she really an angel and does that crazy routine do anything, or was it just so odd and distracting that it stopped the shooter? It seemed to be that they were working on that routine to "save" a group, and that the "group" ended up being the school, which was great, just confusing I guess.

Yeah after 2 or 3 episodes and her being captured I was definitely hooked. Just didn't see that ending coming and didn't get any resolution from it. Hopefully S2 explains more!

1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

I just have so many questions like (spoilers ahead for others?

Hide contents

Did the captive people really exist? I was really looking forward to her opening that realm with the new crew and going back and saving them. They alluded with the Homer book that she made it all up, though the YouTube clip of Homer getting injured at the football game was real? Is she really an angel and does that crazy routine do anything, or was it just so odd and distracting that it stopped the shooter? It seemed to be that they were working on that routine to "save" a group, and that the "group" ended up being the school, which was great, just confusing I guess.

Yeah after 2 or 3 episodes and her being captured I was definitely hooked. Just didn't see that ending coming and didn't get any resolution from it. Hopefully S2 explains more!

Yeah, those were my thoughts as well. Did the routine do anything special, or did it just distract the shooter? That was the main question. If I recall correctly, I remember the ending was her trying to find Homer in an alternate reality/parallel universe or something like that? The show was definitely pretty abstract and left a lot open to interpretation.

I have a soft spot for Project Runway. It's so fucking stupid sometimes because it's reality TV, but occasionally the contestants turn out outfits that I absolutely love. It's ironic because I wear a tshirt, jeans, and Vans every day, hah.