What TV show are you watching?

Melty Mark

I enjoyed  Silicon Valley, but it actually felt a little too safe to me. It felt almost like a subdued cartoon but the satire was spot-on. I'm not that into that kind of stuff, but it felt like it tried very hard to not alienate the audience with the techie stuff. Also the show's aesthetic seems super idealized like every recent HBO show. Hopefully the characters become more defined and thus interesting. Very promising and funny. 

Started True Detectives, I'm 2 episodes in right now. It's alright. Kind of slow, hoping it picks up.

It will, I liked the slowness, the characters are fascinating and the relationship between woody and McConaughey is superb to watch, plus the women in the show are fucking incredible.

It's prob my fave tv show ever.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've got a bunch of free time so I want to start watching a new series.

I started Mad Men recently; it's got a good cast and premise for a tv show, but man it goes SO slowly. I feel like barely anything happens in the episodes. I'm on episode 10, and am going to give up on the show if it doesn't captivate me more by the end of season 1. 

Also watched season 1 of the Wire, given how critically acclaimed it is. I might return to it and watch the other seasons, I did enjoy it but it never really hooked me like Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones.

Also considering old HBO series like Oz, 6 Feet Under, Rome, or Deadwood (though I heard the ending is very disappointing), or the Sopranos (watched about 8 episodes before school began, thought it was pretty damn good). 

I've seen most other big TV shows not named in this post. What do people think is the next best show to watch?