Jump to content
ungroovy

What TV show are you watching?

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

The worst thing about Breaking Bad was always the fanboys.

they're terrible, they all came out after the show was over and they ruined it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched episode 5 of The Haunting of Hill House and the reveal at the end was so good. Really enjoying this show so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Just watched episode 5 of The Haunting of Hill House and the reveal at the end was so good. Really enjoying this show so far.

I haven’t had time to watch yet.

How many episodes are there? 

Edited by Scott.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Scott. said:

I haven’t had time to watch yet.

How many episodes are there? 

10 episodes in total.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried to watch The Haunting of Hill House - Turned it off after 5 min. Might give it another try this week.

Watched the  first episode of Peaky Blinders - Meh... not sure what all the fuss is about.

Now watching Ozark,  halfway S1. Clearly inspired by Breaking Bad, but doesn't quite reach the same level. All those redneck characters are NOT interesting, they really bring the show down. Jason Bateman is awesome though. I'll finish S1 to see where it goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, theedge00 said:

Tried to watch The Haunting of Hill House - Turned it off after 5 min. Might give it another try this week.

Watched the  first episode of Peaky Blinders - Meh... not sure what all the fuss is about.

Seems like you really like to give shows a chance! Can't always judge after a single episode.

Stick with Peaky Blinders, it gets incredible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been smashing my way through Castle the last couple of weeks. It's predictable and kinda silly but I'm loving it (mostly due to Nathan Fillion).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patient #48273 said:

Just watched episode 5 of The Haunting of Hill House and the reveal at the end was so good. Really enjoying this show so far.

 I just finished this episode too, so hooked on this show right now.

I see a tiny bit of similarities to LOST in the sense that each episode is dedicated to one character with flashbacks, and how the character’s storylines all intersect at different times. 

I’m hoping there are more seasons to come in the future and it’s not just a miniseries.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, theedge00 said:

Tried to watch The Haunting of Hill House - Turned it off after 5 min. Might give it another try this week.

Give it until the end of the second episode. If you still don’t like it then that’s fair.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Rocky Braveheart said:

Been smashing my way through Castle the last couple of weeks. It's predictable and kinda silly but I'm loving it (mostly due to Nathan Fillion).

Such an awful show, made Bones seem high-brow. (I watched like all of it lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kay said:

Such an awful show, made Bones seem high-brow. (I watched like all of it lol)

I tried bones years ago and couldn't get into it. But yeah, Castle is awful, but I love it 🤣 one of those comfort shows I think, the sort where you just turn your brain off and wallow in it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched a 6-parter on Netflix called The Forst (La Foret), for anyone who knows what Broadchurch is it's kinda like a French version of that. Young girl goes missing in small French village, local police department investigate everyone in the town and uncover various filthy secrets. It was really good

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Patient #48273 you finish the Haunting of Hill House yet? I'm in the middle of the last episode and they're actually wrapping things up pretty well; definitely delivering answers to most of the questions which is nice.

Also side note but the intro is such a lame rip off from Westworld lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Kvothe said:

@Patient #48273 you finish the Haunting of Hill House yet? I'm in the middle of the last episode and they're actually wrapping things up pretty well; definitely delivering answers to most of the questions which is nice.

Also side note but the intro is such a lame rip off from Westworld lol. 

Just finished watching it and yeah, they tied things together pretty well. I think the season peaked around episodes 5 and 6, but it was pretty solid the whole way through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 9:53 PM, Kay said:

It's pretty good - I spend the whole show thinking 'the mums a bitch' though

So, I've been off work with flu this week, watched both seasons. I actually ended up really enjoying it.

Really looking forward to starting The Haunting of Hill House now too. About time there was a good horror series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×