Late Night Talk Show Thread

radioactive tomdog

they definitely got on him hard about having more of a conversation with the audience then just reading the jokes like update. Again, i'm going to of course give him time to figure it out, it's a huge transition. but i just cant see seth meyers being a great late night personality to carry a show for an hour

the more i think about the history of the tonight show and how it does have to be more toned down/less ballsy, fallon is a pretty good fit.

TBS was such a strange decision for Conan, but he can get away with a lot more on that channel. I'm sure their ratings depend on Conan, since everything else they have is shit. So, in my mind, they probably just said "do whatever you want." i know they cuss a lot more now. i also agree with bennett about andy richter. the max/conan banter was sooooo much better. andy just isn't funny at all.

i'll give seth another shot tonight. but really, fred armisen will be the only reason i am watching. the guy is hilarious and his band will stand out among all of the other talk show bands.

Excuse me, TBS shows Seinfeld every day from 6-7:30, don't you dare.

Although they have replaced Two and a Half Men reruns with King of Queens, which in my opinion is a huge mistake.

• Like 1

I thought Conan's ratings were par for late night basic cable. Considering his online presence is so huge and his audience is so young, he's still bankable.

"For January—October 2013, Conan attracted $67.4 million in advertising for an audience that is the youngest compared with seven late-night shows on CBS, NBC, ABC, Comedy Central, and E!.[55] Viewership in 2013 was 808,000, down from 914,000 in 2012"

I think most would agree that the Tonight Show should rightfully be Conan's.  But whats done is done, at least he had it, however brief it was.

Honestly, I can't get into Fallon, he's just not for me.  Meyers will probably be decent, I've always like him and his sense of humor.  But you know who I'd love to see host a late night show?  Joel McHale, I think he's perfect for it.  In fact its interesting after 4 late night hosts in a row of the White House Correspondents Dinner, he'll be hosting it this year.  (Though I'd only want Joel to do late night if he still managed to find time to do Community, he could drop the Soup at that point, though I still do thoroughly enjoy that show too.)

Anyway, in terms of my current favorite of late night, none (any longer) of them are the traditional NBC/ABC/CBS guys.  First is Conan, then Jon Stewart, then Pete Holmes.

there's an article in Rolling Stone about it. he is under no pressure and they basically expect the show to suck for the foreseeable future. he was thrown in the fire under the expectation that over time he will find his place.

but yeah, knowing NBC they will take him off the show and move Leno to Late Night...

there's an article in Rolling Stone about it. he is under no pressure and they basically expect the show to suck for the foreseeable future. he was thrown in the fire under the expectation that over time he will find his place.

but yeah, knowing NBC they will take him off the show and move Leno to Late Night...

Nah, they'd give him back The Tonight Show, and force Falon back to Late Night, because NBC doesn't know what the hell they are doing.  Its a miracle that Community hasn't been cancelled, seriously.