Just picked up a Delonge Epi on Craigslist w/ hardshell for $200.00

brettyboy

So I used to have a Delonge Epi awhile back. It wasn't really my cup of tea because I dislike the color and the racing stripe so I had gotten rid of it. I saw this on CL yesterday for 200.00 with a hardshell epi case so I said what the hell and the guy drove from an hour and a half away to meet me a half hour from my house. He threw in a new set of strings also. A couple things I noticed, it's got upgraded sperzel locking tuners which is awesome (I'm not sure if the extra holes were from the previous tuners). It's also obviously had a neck/headstock repair as you can see in the headstock picture. The cool thing is whoever did it did a great job. It blends in well and you cannot feel it. No issues with playability. I started recording a new song with this and I have to say this guitar sounds great. I'm not sure what makes me like this one but hate the one I used to own lol. Anyways here's the pictures.

DSCN1358_zps7a1ae880.jpg

DSCN1359_zps36438368.jpg

b96fda1e-db3e-421c-9d17-d295e22625d0_zps

• Like 1

that's a really nice deal..i have one and love the sound it brings to the table. It's just too bad it's such a big guitar, it's not versatile enough to be that big, if that makes sense. for a guitar that sounds best playing grungy sounding riffs like in untitled/BCR, seems like a large hollow body is unnecessary..but what do i know.

• 4 years later...

Question for the Tom guitar experts out there....

Did he use the Ernie ball heavy top skinny bottom strings on just his earlier strats, or ALSO on his semi hollowbodys ES-333's?

Were these strings used only for the Blink songs, or ALSO used later on for AVA?