rareelectricguitars.com

Dylan

If you are willing to drop the money to buy a gibson , chances are you know a thing or two about what a athuntic gibson looks like. For example the es 335 u buy from them doesn't have the sticker in the hole. Also none of these guitars have the papers that come with a Gibson. Before buying a gibson online you should always shoot a email to gibson asking them to take a look at the guitar being sold online. They will get back to you within a day after they view pictures or an ad.

Nice, I am kind of shocked they are allowed to put "Gibson" on the headstock when its not a Gibson. I would think that would be a lawsuit.

I know Rickenbacker guitars won't even let people make guitars that look similar to theirs. Like if you try to list an knock off on ebay, they'll pull it.

Rickenbacker is a shitty company. Go on their forums and anything slightly negative about the company is immediately removed. They are Amazing guitars, but they are seriously a bunch of guitar snobs and they can thank The Beatles for like 99% of their business.

Even the shapes of most models are also copyrighted, like Strat or Tele or LPs 335s and so on.

Anthonyyaff you may want to shoot them an email about making sure they include the string thru tailpiece. As you can see in my pictures its not drilled out. I shot them a note and they asked when I requested to have a string thru body. I said right on your site it says it comes with the string thru tailpiece as well as the pictures showing it. I said please make sure you do this or else I no longer want it as its not as advertised.

How else would you have a strat? arent' they all string thru body?

no not all strats are string thru body. Telecasters generally are. The Delonge strat always had the string thru body, but as you can see in the pictures they didn't do it even though it says in their description that it comes with it as well as their pictures. I am still waiting for them to confirm they are going to do it or else I am getting my money back.

no not all strats are string thru body. Telecasters generally are. The Delonge strat always had the string thru body, but as you can see in the pictures they didn't do it even though it says in their description that it comes with it as well as their pictures. I am still waiting for them to confirm they are going to do it or else I am getting my money back.

I emailed them about mine and I told them to do the string thru body. They said they would do it. Have you noticed anything else they didn't do that they were supposed to?

That's awesome mine they told me they will do the string thru tailpiece so we are good now. I did order a les Paul copy from another seller that got here today I wasn't there to sign so I gotta pick it up tomorrow to see the quality its the same seller that's making the es345 for me

What is stopping people from resale? Is there anyway for anyone to tell it is not a real Gibson? Technically you could list it on ebay as a Tom Delonge Gibson. Who'd know?

very valid point there, agreed on that. The one thing that I notice that the knock off doesnt have that the original does- is the Gibson sticker inside the body that says "Certified Gibson, model-    , serial number-    , " etc

That's awesome mine they told me they will do the string thru tailpiece so we are good now. I did order a les Paul copy from another seller that got here today I wasn't there to sign so I gotta pick it up tomorrow to see the quality its the same seller that's making the es345 for me

THat's good to hear! Thanks for giving me the heads up! I can't wait to see how your strat turns out

All came today. I had to run to work so I didn't get time to film yet

Look: 10/10

Sound before pot and pickup change: surprisingly 7/10, sounds better then a epiphone pickup

Feel and playability :8.5/10

Materials : 8/10, I mean the wood is great has a nice weight not a cheap light wieght. Neck looks and feels great, the body it's self is very well put together.

The wood is the main part for a high rating, the

Materials like bridge and nut etc are on par with epiphone prob haha

Here is the Chibson Les Paul I got from Aliexpress to test it out. The finish is beautiful, the pictures don't do it justice. The Gibson logo is actually a pearl inlay and not white like the pictures indicate. All and all it wasn't too bad sounding right out of the case. I had to raise the bridge and pickup heights. Still going to switch out pickups eventually.

IMG_20140409_122904317_zpskok25j1p.jpg

IMG_20140409_122913178_zpsyfjeg7rz.jpg

IMG_20140409_122920909_HDR_zpssopsypid.j

IMG_20140409_103848037_HDR_zpsdzglupuw.j

Also here is some updated pics of my McFly ES-345 from the same seller

DSC_0321_zpsnmfsotjr.jpg

DSC_0325_zpsfsdsrqgj.jpg

DSC_0323_zpssyxxgw6u.jpg