Does blink have a classic rock song?

Ghent

I've recently noticed 90s rock (RHCP, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Wallflowers, etc) getting play on classic rock radio stations. Question is, does blink have a song that is classic rock? Will ATST be remembered as a pop radio hit or a classic rock song? Or both? Any other songs make the cut?

I don't really have an opinion yet. I'm not sure ATST has the same vibe as this other stuff, and none of their other songs seem to have gotten popular enough.

Thoughts? 

(this is my attempt at breaking away from the general discussion topic cringeworthy banter)

• Like 2

they were certainly popular enough, perhaps so more, which is why things like ATST will get played on "oldies" pop stations in about 10-15 years (similar to how "oldies" 80s stations popped up in the past decade). the only other blink song i can see attracting play on an "oldies" station might be first date, because it seems to be better remembered by the general public than dammit or i miss you. they might get a lot of play on XM stations that center on 90s/00s pop, too.

anything that ever really had an association with punk is generally looked over by classic rock radio (billy idol's kinda the sole exception). it's odd enough that classic rock stations are spinning stuff like soundgarden and wallflowers to me, because classic rock kinda centrals on 70s cock rock/arena stuff (zeppelin, boston, styx), not alternative. to me it feels like a sign that terrestrial radio's dying and they're trying to make their format as wide-ranging as possible to attract an audience (i heard someday by nickelback on one the other day). if anything will be on classic rock radio in a few years, if it even still exists, will probably be right now's modern rock alt metal shit (three days grace, seether, shinedown, etc).

Adam's Song is the only one i can think of that could be played on a classic rock station but no they don't have one because they are nothing like RHCP, Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, Wallflowers, etc.

Why Adam's Song?

they were certainly popular enough, perhaps so more, which is why things like ATST will get played on "oldies" pop stations in about 10-15 years (similar to how "oldies" 80s stations popped up in the past decade). the only other blink song i can see attracting play on an "oldies" station might be first date, because it seems to be better remembered by the general public than dammit or i miss you. they might get a lot of play on XM stations that center on 90s/00s pop, too.

anything that ever really had an association with punk is generally looked over by classic rock radio (billy idol's kinda the sole exception). it's odd enough that classic rock stations are spinning stuff like soundgarden and wallflowers to me, because classic rock kinda centrals on 70s cock rock/arena stuff (zeppelin, boston, styx), not alternative. to me it feels like a sign that terrestrial radio's dying and they're trying to make their format as wide-ranging as possible to attract an audience (i heard someday by nickelback on one the other day). if anything will be on classic rock radio in a few years, if it even still exists, will probably be right now's modern rock alt metal shit (three days grace, seether, shinedown, etc).

Those bands(soundgarden etc) are cock rock.

It's too bad WMAA didn't get the resurgent push that ATST did...It's the better song and is less poppy sounding. IIRC it was actually the first single off Enema, not ATST. I could be wrong, but I just seem to remember hearing WMAA on the radio sooner than ATST.

i've heard WMAA on the radio A LOT the past few years, randomly. i hear ATST a lot too, but i expect that. i think it's cool that singles from 15 years ago still gain airplay on top 40 radio (well, at least where i'm from). there are lots of hit singles from 1999 that you NEVER hear anymore.

I just checked our local rock station well one of them the one that will actually play Blink and Small Things is on their top 50 playlist still and was played this afternoon, I feel like it's the only song i hear from them once in awhile they'll play Dammit which is cool as hell to still hear on the radio.

Our other rock station is dumb as hell, they'll play bands like Green Day and Lit and Offspring but won't go near Blink. Hell they even play new green day.