"The Sum 41 Thread"

Ghost

On 10/13/2016 at 5:02 PM, Kevin. said:

set list for the tour looks good. wish i had bought tickets. the new york show is reselling for like $100 per ticket. no way am i paying that 

I was at the show last night, It was really really good. My only disappointment with the setlist is that they didn't play "Makes No Difference". 

Also the pit was really shitty, majority of the crowd didn't really know how to handle themselves in a pit/GA setting it seemed, like i seen more people falling over and having terrible reactions with helping getting back up haha. It was kind of retarded. 

• 3 months later...

Half Hour is a reallly daring debut for a band signed to be the next Blink with a metal song as the opener, one song that's a drum solo, a rap song, another metal song and a horn section in the middle of another song. To me that's what really separates Sum 41 from all the other pop-punk bands of that era like NFG, Simple Plan and Good Charlotte, they did their thing and then they took a pretty big chance with DTLI? instead of playing it safe and make another AKNF. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
2 hours ago, GuitarPunk2512 said:

Band announced they are calling it a day after a final album and tour, thanking their fans for 27 years of memories. 

I'm still in disbelief really. I just watched the Tuna on Toast podcast episode with Deryck and he seems so positive and happy about where the band is currently... maybe thats why he chose now to call it quits. Anyway, what a great band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bS8QDekw5M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDAocZ_r76U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYnffcY4tqs

• Like 1

Yep. I was going to post it.

Well, to be honest, I didn't enjoy their las two records, but I love them as a band. The last one I liked was Screaming Bloody Murder. Chuck was their best, IMO, and they looked like they were sort of stuck and lacking inspiration since Murder. Makes sense to disband. I don't think, though, they will remain like that forever. I can see a comeback including Stevo, but not in the foreseeable future.

This is sad news because I always liked Sum 41 (preferred their more pop punk/punk stuff to the metal stuff, but still had fun their other songs too)

6 hours ago, Worst poster here said:

Sad day for sure. There might be undisclosed reasons (health?) for this decision. Hopefully some of the guys continue making new music afterwards. 

Well he did just have a second kid earlier this year so maybe he just wants to focus on his family for now, and might bring Sum 41 back in the future when the kids are more grown up...

• Like 1

Have you guys seen the rumor going around that Deryck is stopping Sum 41 to replace Chester in Linkin Park? People are saying that since Linkin Park is looking like they are getting ready to start back up again, that Deryck might be the new frontman since him and Mike Shinoda are pretty close I think. They also covered Faint at Reading 2018 with Mike himself and not gonna lie, he did really well.