New Gob Album Apt 13

Knapppers

So Gob has a new record coming out in august and they released the first single today.  I like it but I dont think it really sounds like a gob song.  Very excited for the album though as theyre one of my favourite bands

http://exclaim.ca/News/gob_return_with_apt_13_premiere_new_track

i don't like this sound as much as what they went for on the last album. there will more than likely be better songs, though.

also, i dislike the fact that they are waiting three months to release this and are doing the "three exclusive itunes bonus tracks" thing. they recorded and mixed this album themselves. if its finished and they plan on releasing all thirteen songs, why not just put it up on itunes now and release the vinyl with all of the songs later? plus, their summer tour is over before its even released.

I like it but I dont think it really sounds like a gob song.

http://exclaim.ca/News/gob_return_with_apt_13_premiere_new_track

I have to agree, I like it but it doesn't sound that much like a Gob song.

I just hope this album is better than the last one they put out. I like everything they did except Muertos Vivos I really had to force myself to like/warm up to that one.

• 2 months later...

Pretty run of the mill IMO. Sounds like a forgettable song you'd hear in an EA sports game, which it will probably become. 

Gob is literally a band that is only known outside of Canada due to their presence on EA sports soundtracks, so its kind of what i expect of them and for some reason i enjoy it. i think their last album will probably always be my favorite solely because they did something way different that doesn't fall under the EA sports category

Gob is literally a band that is only known outside of Canada due to their presence on EA sports soundtracks, so its kind of what i expect of them and for some reason i enjoy it. i think their last album will probably always be my favorite solely because they did something way different that doesn't fall under the EA sports category

Haha touche, I can't remember the last time I've heard them outside the radio. I actually heard Ming Tran on the radio a couple days ago, was a nice blast from the past. But yeah, they grew up just outside Vancouver so they get a lot of love around here. They get a similar reaction to hair metal bands, like when I bring them up everyone is like "Oh Gob! Didn't they have that one big song?" (I hear you calling). 

I saw GOB for my second time, 3 weeks ago at a club that held maybe 300 upstairs. It was incredible.
Cannot wait for their second Canadian tour in under a half year!

I can proudly say that GOB is my favourite Canadian band of all time.