McBusted have written songs with Blink-182's Mark Hoppus

Zoltan

Dougie Poynter has revealed that McBusted are writing songs with Blink-182's Mark Hoppus.

The supergroup - formed of McFly and Matt Willis and James Bourne from Busted - are also working with All Time Low's Alex Gaskarth.

The 26-year-old confirmed the news on Twitter after he was asked by a fan how "awesome" the new McBusted album was on a scale of 1 to 10.

Poynter replied: "10000000000. Written some cool songs with Alex from ATL and mark from blink."

The group had originally formed for an arena tour, but they are now writing original material together for the first time.

Last month, McBusted's Tom Fletcher told Digital Spy that the band would start work on their debut album under their new moniker later this year.

"I think it's always a mistake if you try and chase what is current," Fletcher told DS. "If we started writing now, then by the time it's released it doesn't matter.

"We're very proud of the fact that the songs we play now still feel as fresh as they did ten years ago when they were released."

source: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a592655/mcbusted-have-written-songs-with-blink-182s-mark-hoppus.html

another article on the same topic: http://www.nme.com/news/blink-182/79395

McBusted are an English pop rock supergroup composed of members of bands McFly (Tom Fletcher, Danny Jones, Dougie Poynter and Harry Judd) and Busted (James Bourne and Matt Willis).

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McBusted

I went to school with Dougie, he was one of my really good friends. 

He was massively into Blink and we used to talk about music all the time, pretty mental that him and Mark are good buds looking back now considering he was his idol.

He mentions me in the Mcfly autobiography about how I leant him the Mark, Tom and Travis Show which was what really got him into blink haha.

• Like 7

Yeah, got a thank you in his first album as well.

Haven't spoken in like five years now, lost touch as you do when you're a high flyer, still seems like a decent guy as he always was though...a couple of people I know still keep in touch with him but contact is pretty rare. 

I still remember the day I came home from school and told my mum that he had dropped out of school and was going to join a band and her saying 'what a stupid boy, he will live to regret that'

....yeah, she admits she got that one fully wrong. 

• Like 1

I went to school with Dougie, he was one of my really good friends. 

He was massively into Blink and we used to talk about music all the time, pretty mental that him and Mark are good buds looking back now considering he was his idol.

He mentions me in the Mcfly autobiography about how I leant him the Mark, Tom and Travis Show which was what really got him into blink haha.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawesome.