What song are you addicted/obsessed with right now?

Scott.

Judah & the Lion - Take it All Back 2.0 & Blink Stockholm Syndrome

Literally been blasting them daily for weeks now. Just love that chorus and flow, and Stockholm just seems so unique all a sudden more than ever, how it just keeps going with no chorus really and right into a breakdown bridge to this epic Mark moment.. the guitar is so deep so Cal vibe I fucking adore everything about it.

Oh and Travis just murders that, amazing rhythm

1 hour ago, ungroovy said:

Kendrick Lamar- DNA. 

No youtube links for it, but it's streaming everywhere. I thought this album was pretty good but I'm just not that into Kendrick, but that song is a fucking banger.

Agreed!

I have to listen to DAMN. more to form a definitive opinion on it, but DNA. stood out to me.

6 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

Never understood how high people hype KL. He's fine, but TPAB is the only thing I really liked by him.

Post me 3 songs you think I'll like pal. You're always good for great songs tbf. 

8 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

Never understood how high people hype KL. He's fine, but TPAB is the only thing I really liked by him.

To some extent, I think people feel obligated to some degree. If you don't appreciate/revere him, you're not appreciating or revering commentary on the black experience. It sounds super douchey to say but it's really what I think it the biggest thing amongst the people I know anyway. I think POC fuckin love him because he DOES speak to their experience, with nuance and in full, and I appreciate what he does and understand why he's important, but I don't go out of my way for it.

I just prefer bangers with solid flow or a balance between banger and incredible lyricism, and Kendrick tends to lean toward the poetry with decent music. I think Kanye does better with the full package.

EDIT for clarity: I think there are also rappers who are simply BETTER rappers bringing the same message to their music, he's just one of the most notorious.

People either like Kendrick because they genuinely like his music, like Kendrick because they feel like they have to like Kendrick, or like Kendrick because it's cool to like Kendrick. 

DAMN. is good but it's no To Pimp a Butterfly or Good Kid, M.A.A.D City.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nasa said:

People either like Kendrick because they genuinely like his music, like Kendrick because they feel like they have to like Kendrick, or like Kendrick because it's cool to like Kendrick. 

DAMN. is good but it's no To Pimp a Butterfly or Good Kid, M.A.A.D City.

MAAD was close to what I want, mesh between solid flow and theme and goddamn bass.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ungroovy said:

MAAD was close to what I want, mesh between solid flow and theme and goddamn bass.

I liked GKMC a lot but I like TPAB more because I REALLY like the jazz / funk instrumentals!

• Like 1

I think white people generally get a strange satisfaction in liking something from another culture and KL is one of those things that gets almost fetishized. Like when Odd Future became the go to white kid rap group for a few years. It was more about their appreciation of it and how cultured/cool it made them feel rather than the actual artistry on display. Basically it made for a rad fucking sweatshirt.

• Like 2

I have actually listened to that new Paramore song basically on repeat all over this weekend. I have no idea why, because by all accounts I shouldn't care for it, but I love it. makes me dance around the living room like a loser. the missus does it too, that song is infectious despite it essentially being pop trash. 

• Like 1

I'm listening to a shit ton of Charlie Simpson now. This dude does Folk / Post-Hardcore / Retro pop. And he rocks every genre in my opinion.

This fucking Solo video gets me everytime...Beautiful. The old african tribe in this video had never seen a guitar before in their lives.