Rediscovered BCR.

decisions

• 2 months later...
decided to listen to the album after a long break. maaaaan its so good. Watch The World are probably Toms best lyrics IMO. His voice is also the shit. Especially in Tiny Voices "everybody will be let down"

This is Tom at his peak!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah this record is still fucking awesome. Really some of Tom's best work, I'd put it ahead of every Blink record except Dude Ranch and S/T.

As far as that Trio comparison, it's interesting how the guitar part in CLT sounds like, the exact same as the bass line in So Far, but, I wouldn't say it's a blatant rip off, I mean that's just about the only similarity I can even find, there are plenty of different things about both songs, and I wouldn't say that group of chords is the only draw of the intro in either song anyway so...

I always wondered why Watch the World and There Is have the same drum part and are played in the same key. Is there supposed to be some connection between the songs? They aren't next to each other on the album or anything. They're just very similar. Love both of them.

36 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I always wondered why Watch the World and There Is have the same drum part and are played in the same key. Is there supposed to be some connection between the songs? They aren't next to each other on the album or anything. They're just very similar. Love both of them.

in fairness the BCR record has a very samey sound track to track. thats not an insult actually, it's sonically the most cohesive album Tom has done. I've always been impressed by how well the tracks fit together and still have separate identities. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

the drum parts are almost the same :wink:

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Rediscovered it again. I think this album is my favorite Blink-related work ever, at least for right now I can definitely say that. I would only call this and the self-titled masterpieces, but this album beats it for me because it's more focused, and frankly, more punk. The guitars are heavier, there are less effects to get in the way of the pop-punk/post-hardcore mixture of madness, and the subject matter is more interesting.

http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/tom_delonge_reuniting_box_car_racer_with_blink_182s_travis_barker

Woah, never seen this article before. Would love it to happen, of course only after some crazy series of events occur that would cause me to believe that it would sound like the original album to a significant extent, and that Tom has his shit together. So you know...:/