blink-182 Quits Tom Delonge

Ghent

Their chemistry was lost before they finished with the Untitled Album.  There was a lot of fustration there in the "Album Release - MTV" show.  When they were signing the X-Boxes, and when Tom visits Rick Devoe and he is playfully 'reminding Tom' who his bandmates are, because Tom hasn't seen/practiced with them in so long. 

I remember hearing there was trouble in the band, and this show kind of confirmed it for me.  These issues probably go back longer than we are aware of.

I believe the issues started after Tom started BCR and invited Travis to join, but not Mark.

I wonder what would have happened if Tom had asked Atom to join, like he said.  Would any of this happened?

You guys are way too hard on Tom. Can you really be so angry at a 40 year old man following his dreams? He formed blink-182 when he was 16. It was a childhood excursion. It's done, both he and Travis have moved on and expanded their livelihoods into things they love. Mark is the only one who is trying to hold onto hope with this band. I'm excited for Skiba and everything, but the Tom hate needs to stop. At least he's trying to do something new, and not just making pop punk songs. 

BCDYv.gif

• Like 1

Imagine being able to join one of your favorite bands. I remember reading an interview with Cove Reber talking about what it was like joining Saosin after Anthony Green left, and how it was such an amazing surreal experience because he was "the world's biggest Saosin fan." It would be incredible to be able to do something like that.

As great of a simile that is, look how that turned out. Cover Reber's self-esteem started to dwindle because so many people would compare him to Anthony Green and say Anthony>Cove. Eventually, this ended up as the demise of Cove and Saosin,

I know it didn't work out for Cove or Saosin in the end, but still, imagine just having the chance to be a member of one of your favorite bands. Even if it was just temporary. That would be amazing.

Also off topic but Saosin has playing a bunch of shows with Anthony Green now and they've even written some new music with him (they played a new song or two at some of the shows). They aren't "officially" back together or writing a new album, but I sure hope that happens!

I know it didn't work out for Cove or Saosin in the end, but still, imagine just having the chance to be a member of one of your favorite bands. Even if it was just temporary. That would be amazing.

Also off topic but Saosin has playing a bunch of shows with Anthony Green now and they've even written some new music with him (they played a new song or two at some of the shows). They aren't "officially" back together or writing a new album, but I sure hope that happens!

Yes, I attended one of the Saosin with Anthony Green shows. I think the difference between blink and Saosin is that Cove tried to mimic one of his favorite singers in Anthony whereas Matt will be more like himself and less like Tom. 

I think that's for the best. Anyone trying to impersonate Tom would just make the shows feel like you're watching a bad cover band.

Completely agree.

PS: I did enjoy Cove's Saosin in a different way vs Anthony's Saosin. Both were great in different ways. Anthony's Saosin with unique vocals vs Cove's Saosin with positive lyrics.

I enjoy Cove's Saosin as well. Their self-titled album is my favorite thing Saosin has released.

Anyway back to blink, remember this? It wasn't even very long ago!:

K1532_blink_cover.jpg?64e00b

"How Mark, Travis, and Tom Learned to Love Again"

I don't remember what the article said but I'm assuming now that it was pure bullshit.

• Like 1

You guys are way too hard on Tom. Can you really be so angry at a 40 year old man following his dreams? He formed blink-182 when he was 16. It was a childhood excursion. It's done, both he and Travis have moved on and expanded their livelihoods into things they love. Mark is the only one who is trying to hold onto hope with this band. I'm excited for Skiba and everything, but the Tom hate needs to stop. At least he's trying to do something new, and not just making pop punk songs. 

I think you completly missed the point. From what I've seen, no one is mad that he prefers AVA over blink-182. What they are upset about is that he pretends like he cares about blink-182 and would hinder any progess in regards to the CD they were supposed to record. If he wants to work on comic books and all this other nonsense, then leave the band.

• Like 1

Because so much of the blink music made over the last 12 years has really fallen under that label of pop-punk.

Honestly at least for me at this point there isn't much Tom can say to save himself. He wasn't ever excited for Blink except for when they'd go on tour cause he knew a big pay day was coming.

Since he got the boot he's done nothing put post AVA stuff. I truly don't believe he cares that he got kicked out.

He's not in blink anymore, what else is there for him to be posting about? 

• Like 1

He's not in blink anymore, what else is there for him to be posting about? 

You'd think if he really wanted to still be in blink he'd have been putting up more of a fight, and telling his fans how important blink is and was to him.  Instead he's quickly moved to AVA and has a billion plans all related to that band, he never showed blink the amount of attention he's showing AVA now, at least not anytime over the last decade.

You'd think if he really wanted to still be in blink he'd have been putting up more of a fight, and telling his fans how important blink is and was to him.  Instead he's quickly moved to AVA and has a billion plans all related to that band, he never showed blink the amount of attention he's showing AVA now, at least not anytime over the last decade.

But remember it's not a band it's an "art project"

Well blink-182 has never been Tom's only band any time over the past decade, like how AVA is right now. I don't think that's a fair comparison.

I mean that even when he was juggling both bands, he was giving AVA more attention than he ever gave blink in the past decade, if not more so.  He never made a movie for blink, he never planned a book, cartoon, or comics for blink.  Sure he toured with blink, but clearly only as a means to continue funding all the other crap he wanted to do with AVA.