blink-182 Quits Tom Delonge

Ghent

Hmmm, well if this is truly the end again.  Well I'm ok with that too.  They showed what they could do after self titled, it was nice, but not as good, and I kinda have to doubt it ever could have been.  Unless they gave something like this a full on shot, continuing blink with new music and Matt Skiba.  I say they see how it goes and how Matt feels.  I know he's obligated to Alkaline Trio, but I dunno, things can work themselves out.  Either way, I'm actually overall happy about this.  I'd be for another +44 album if they'd consider that too.

I can see blink-182 ending definitely, and Travis, Mark and Matt re-starting (+44). That can be, honestly speaking, truly awesome.

Of course, Matt is fully committed to Alkaline Trio. They are planning tours and a new album (and the cellebration of their 20th annyversary), so... And moreover: AK3 is ina very good shape.

M!KE you have to be the only one who can't feel the insane hostility, like I said, whether they admit to it or not.

But we all saw this coming, by a longshot at that.  The hostility had become so mundane that they all probably got numb of it.  I bet Tom has said it's ok if they continue without him, and I bet Mark and Travis are just relieved to actually be able to move forward.  I mean whether or not they get Matt, or someone else, I'm super intrigued to see if they continue, and if they do, I'm absolutely interested to see who will replace him and what that will sound like.  I think a lot of people probably feel the same way.  So if this is the case, why would they be bitter?  They can all just go their own ways and continue what they do.  Unless Tom really is so petty that he's going to try and stop blink continuing if thats what they try to do.  But I don't see that happening, Tom doesn't care anymore, his interest is all AVA related.   They may have had hostility, but it was a hostility they had all grown comfortable/numb to, in '05, it all happened so abruptly that the hostility was new and fresh and they were pissed, I just don't see that this time around.

So I just came across this unmentioned news from 10 days ago (sorry 6 months ago, in my excitement I read jul as jan): http://propertyofzack.com/post/91979966778/the-cereal-killers-matt-skiba-mark-hoppus-tag  Matt Skiba and Mark Hoppus already were planning on starting a band called the Cereal Killer which was going to be aimed at younger kids.  Odd for sure, but they were planning to record an album together.  So Alkaline Trio plans or not, he has time to record an album with Mark, and I have a feeling they may just drop the whole child focused band there and instead continue blink.

• Like 1

So I just came across this unmentioned news from 10 days ago: http://propertyofzack.com/post/91979966778/the-cereal-killers-matt-skiba-mark-hoppus-tag  Matt Skiba and Mark Hoppus already were planning on starting a band called the Cereal Killer which was going to be aimed at younger kids.  Odd for sure, but they were planning to record an album together.  So Alkaline Trio plans or not, he has time to record an album with Mark, and I have a feeling they may just drop the whole child focused band there and instead continue blink.

That could very well happen, would be awesome.