Alkaline Trio

Majestic McMoose

Agree with that.

Also, lots of their stuff that was re-released on Remains (originally in splits or b-sides) was much better than their contemporary records. Even the firs version of Sadie was way better than the Crimson one.

I'm generally a WAY WAY WAY bigger fan of Blink thank Alkaline Trio, but I like this song and it kinda makes me sad for everyone involved haha because it's just so obvious that Skiba belongs in his element with Alkaline Trio instead of being a weird fit with Blink. The things he does well aren't present in Blink, and I'm not even sure they would fit into the Blink sound anyway.

I mean, regardless, at this point the best case scenario is to add more Skiba to the band, I just don't know if it would ever end up feeling like Blink to me. I tried imagining this song with Mark and Travis and I guesssss it would be sort of +44-ish and I could definitely live with that more than more Cali type stuff.

On 7/23/2018 at 11:30 AM, Ghost said:

lots of their stuff that was re-released on Remains (originally in splits or b-sides) was much better than their contemporary records.

it' funny; alk3 is one of those bands where their non-album tracks are some of their strongest...

i.e. warbrain, hell yes, jaked on green beers, queen of pain, their cover of rooftops, all the broken wing EP tracks, etc etc.

54 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

it' funny; alk3 is one of those bands where their non-album tracks are some of their strongest...

i.e. warbrain, hell yes, jaked on green beers, queen of pain, their cover of rooftops, all the broken wing EP tracks, etc etc.

Fuck yes, Sir.

So Derek is out for this tour... apparently time off for mental health issues. Tour starts at the end of this week, any chance Trav fills in (Assuming he is cleared medically now)? Obviously he should be free if Matt is, and has a history of learning an entire catalog in a very short time... 

14 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

So Derek is out for this tour... apparently time off for mental health issues. Tour starts at the end of this week, any chance Trav fills in (Assuming he is cleared medically now)? Obviously he should be free if Matt is, and has a history of learning an entire catalog in a very short time... 

i bet that tiger army guy will fill in. 

edit: nevermind. its the guy from the sekrets

11 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Just noticed their Past Live albums are all on Apple Music now, will make my 7 hr drive tomorrow much better!

yeah they've been up for ages. don't get your hopes up... a lot of them are questionable haha

23 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

Anyone heard the song is this thing cursed yet? Probably the best alkaline song i have heard in years..feels like old trio, it was a live recording tho so might sound completely different when its released lol

It’s not shit by any stretch, but it’s far from being the best Alk3 song in years. It’s pretty stock standard.