Alkaline Trio

Majestic McMoose

21 minutes ago, Kay said:

in a recent interview he said he'd learned a lot from Feldmann and blink, thank christ there's no evidence of that so far. 

Yeah he did.

He learned how to not write music and how to not record/produce an album. 

Fair play to him on a personal level, he has it DOWN - he milks the Blink-182 cash cow by being a session/touring musician to pay the bills and then goes back to Alkaline Trio as his creative project that he actually cares about the quality of the output (or at least gets to make decisions). 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Yeah he did.

He learned how to not write music and how to not record/produce an album. 

Fair play to him on a personal level, he has it DOWN - he milks the Blink-182 cash cow by being a session/touring musician to pay the bills and then goes back to Alkaline Trio as his creative project that he actually cares about the quality of the output (or at least gets to make decisions). 

If he can sustain that without breaking AK3 and having then releasing stuff and touring on a regular basis, I'm totally aboard.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Elisa said:

Hopefully Derek will be back by then, you can't see them for the first time without him. I wonder how he's doing, bipolarism is scary as fuck :(

my whole band are huge alk3 fans, if they came back I think it'd be a really rad experience of full on dorky band bonding. if Derek was there it'd be ten thousand times better, my drummer worships him. 

13 hours ago, Kay said:

my whole band are huge alk3 fans, if they came back I think it'd be a really rad experience of full on dorky band bonding. if Derek was there it'd be ten thousand times better, my drummer worships him. 

Derek is a great drummer, he knows when he should add stuff and when he should hold back. In this genre there's very much all or nothing from many of the drummers imo, either the songs get overplayed, or either they don't do anything at all which is boring as well.. 

On 8/18/2018 at 9:42 PM, raw_sounds said:

Are they still playing old school songs live? like San Francisco Clavicle or Southern rock

Current setlist:

We've Had Enough
Blue Carolina
She Lied to the FBI
Blackbird
Mercy Me
One Hundred Stories
Cringe
She Took Him to the Lake
Clavicle
Is This Thing Cursed?
Sadie
I Wanna Be a Warhol
Every Thug Needs a Lady
Demon and Division
Time to Waste
Crawl
I Found Away
Private Eye
This Could Be Love

Encore:

Fine
Warbrain
Radio

Made an iTunes playlist of this and have been blaring it all week in preparation for their show Friday. So stoked. Blackbird has become my new jam, song has really grown on me. I may hang around after and see if I can get any Blink info out of Skiba lol.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Current setlist:

We've Had Enough
Blue Carolina
She Lied to the FBI
Blackbird
Mercy Me
One Hundred Stories
Cringe
She Took Him to the Lake
Clavicle
Is This Thing Cursed?
Sadie
I Wanna Be a Warhol
Every Thug Needs a Lady
Demon and Division
Time to Waste
Crawl
I Found Away
Private Eye
This Could Be Love

Encore:

Fine
Warbrain
Radio

Made an iTunes playlist of this and have been blaring it all week in preparation for their show Friday. So stoked. Blackbird has become my new jam, song has really grown on me. I may hang around after and see if I can get any Blink info out of Skiba lol.

Apparently everyone is meeting them afterwards so good luck!! Their shows are always fun so you're gonna have a great time.

I was also thinking that the new album could leak anytime now.