Alkaline Trio

Majestic McMoose

10 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz9XvduMdec

@Ghent what do you think of old school trio songs like this? to me, this could easily be a blink circa CC song.

Like it a lot. Definitely sounds like an early blink tune with Skiba singing.

Much prefer it to the emo goth thing

So the speaking part at the beginning of "Warbrain" is Craig from +44? Wow, mind blown. Small world.

“My buddy Craig Fairbaugh and I coined the term “warbrain” after staying up all night drinking in my apartment in San Francisco. The next afternoon we woke up feeling like a war had gone on in our skulls (don’t try this at home). The spoken intro is Craig reading from his personal writings."

28 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz9XvduMdec

@Ghent what do you think of old school trio songs like this? to me, this could easily be a blink circa CC song.

I used to listen to this song all of the time driving to high school, haven't heard it in a long time.  I miss the alcoholic, non-skull and bones Trio. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I used to listen to this song all of the time driving to high school, haven't heard it in a long time.  I miss the alcoholic, non-skull and bones Trio. 

Trio before the imagery and the skull and bones were just perfect, I miss those days too man ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I was looking through their merch online the other day and the vast majority of it would only really be appropriate on a 15-year-old emo kid.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Patient #48273 said:

I was looking through their merch online the other day and the vast majority of it would only really be appropriate on a 15-year-old emo kid.

Lol that’s a perfect description. I remember going to Hot Topic and for a while it seemed like it was Misfits merch followed closely by alkaline merch.  

Glory days.

i gotta say, i'm a little disappointed by dan's songs this time around and i usually prefer them. he had five years to come up with new songs. i wonder what happened. most of them sound cow punk/dad rocky. love the rest of the songs though 

and i agree about the riffs. i wish skiba was allowed to contribute to blink because he has some good ones here

@Ghent will probably like goodbye fire island. it has to be a rejected blink song. he even wrote it after the whole fyre fest thing happened. 

• Like 1

the riff in the sweet vampires outro is something he definitely learned from playing tom's riffs a thousand times haha. not complaining though. i feel like mark's hairline will recede a few more inches after hearing this record knowing that blink could have put out something decent. also, where's the b-sides? every trio album has a few

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kevin. said:

i gotta say, i'm a little disappointed by dan's songs this time around and i usually prefer them. he had five years to come up with new songs. i wonder what happened. most of them sound cow punk/dad rocky. love the rest of the songs though 

and i agree about the riffs. i wish skiba was allowed to contribute to blink because he has some good ones here

@Ghent will probably like goodbye fire island. it has to be a rejected blink song. he even wrote it after the whole fyre fest thing happened. 

I agree with Kevin. The album is so good and I'm glad Skiba is writing great songs again. I've grown to love Dan more than him as a songwriter over the past 13-12 years and I'm not sure how I feel about his songs on this album because my expectations were high and he kinda let me down. They're fun and fast, with some weird touch of country/punk influence but he could have come up with some way better stuffs in 5 years.  

Random stuffs: I don't see the resemblance with Maybe I'll Catch Fire but I there are some Good Mourning vibes here and there; I think the bridge on Demon and Division is their best bridge since I Was A Prayer and my fave songs so far are Throw Me to The Lions and Blackbird.
Goodbye Fire Island is the one I like the least.  I expected a total different album but I like it! it's a 7.5/10 to me.