Alkaline Trio

Majestic McMoose

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Funny enough, a few days ago I did the same. I put the record on a rest period a few weeks ago, which is what I usually do when I get adicted to an album, and when I relistened to it... yeah, it's great. Agree with you. Way better than California, but also probably better than the last two Alkaline Trio albums.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't remember if this was posted. Anyway, I just stumbled upon this video. Someone uploaded it t o YouTube, but was originally included on the deluxe version of Crimson, if I remember correctly. Just a little video about the making off that album.

On 11/18/2018 at 12:13 AM, Ghost said:

Funny enough, a few days ago I did the same. I put the record on a rest period a few weeks ago, which is what I usually do when I get adicted to an album, and when I relistened to it... yeah, it's great. Agree with you. Way better than California, but also probably better than the last two Alkaline Trio albums.

On 11/18/2018 at 12:18 AM, daveyjones said:

in places it's more formulaic, but also embraces all the stylistic tropes which made them awesome; i.e. good mourning.

I love the last two albums, their best work imo. This new one is up there with those two for me, three greats in a row

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Damn, you would think Jarrod would have had plenty of time now to learn different songs. I guess Skiba has been fairly busy with Blink so perhaps they haven't rehearsed enough. I'm still banging ITTC regularly, was really hoping they would add a few more off the new album to the setlist. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2019 at 9:39 AM, Ry-Bread said:

"I Can't Believe" live debut:

Love that song, I miss the palm muting riff in the verses live but glad they don't backtrack it!

Here's Night 3 setlist, can't wait to hear "Throw Me To The Lions"

It’s backtracked. You can faintly hear the palm-muting during the verses. The more obvious ones are the weird feedback going on before the bridge while Matt holds out powerchords and the latter half of the bridge where there’s a lead part and Matt’s also playing powerchords.

It’s not entirely a bad thing, but backing tracks are not unfamiliar to Alkaline Trio. They’ve used them before for synths and such, however, I never remembered them using them for guitar. Who knows? Maybe Matt got the idea from blink.

• 1 month later...