Alkaline Trio

Majestic McMoose

4 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

little help is my least favorite by far. the others will grow on me but that one belongs on one of his average solo records. doesn't fit on this album at all imo. 

What I don't get is how the style of those 3 songs (Little Help, Worn So Thin & Pale Blue Ribbon) fits with Alkaline Trio. Other than that, I'm super okay with the album.

2 hours ago, Kevin. said:

little help is my least favorite by far. the others will grow on me but that one belongs on one of his average solo records. doesn't fit on this album at all imo. 

I really don't see how it doesn't fit ITTC. 

21 hours ago, Ghost said:

@Nosferatu, I agree with you in some parts. This is why I said, for example, that I'll see how this album evolves after a few replays. I'm bored of 'first impressions' in press and shit like that, because I  found myself yeeeeeeears ago that the most accurate opinion or review is the one which gets more listens. But well, I guess this is the price for press 2.0, hype, promo, advanced stuff and shit. Hahaha.

But hey, overall I still think this is a good album and I'm satisfied with it. And yeah, don't like to compare shit, nor to set a confrontation, but I like it waaaaaaaay more than Californa 1 or 2.

Edit: was a response to Nosferatu.

Yeah, that's what I feel this album could be for me. Most of my all time favourite albums are albums where I felt iffy about when I first heard them. Fast forward 2-3 years later, I ended up loving them. Hopefully this album goes the same route. It's not a bad album at all though. Just not exactly sure what to think of it right now haha.

Also agree about catchy music being boring after the first few listens. I loved Last Train Home by blink for like 5-6 months then after that it just became a decent song for me rather than amazing.

On 8/31/2018 at 1:47 PM, Kay said:

For alk3, there's a lot more little guitar parts than usual. most of their albums are only meat and potatoes approach to power chord playing and some octave chords, this has more small little licks and parts which he doesn't do that much of usually. it's nothing profound compared to any other pop punk band but compared to alk3's history it's quite a leap. 

Yeah, that's what I felt I was hearing. Just little guitar parts rather than riffs. I love that guitar in the 2nd verse of Throw Me to the Lions. It sounds so kick ass. Skiba needs to put more of that new wave guitar shit into blink IMO.

21 hours ago, Kay said:

did you mean to tag Dan? I think you may be responding to someone else. 

@NosferatuEdit: was a response to Nosferatu.

21 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

YEAH ME MEANT TO TAG ME AND WHAT?

Totally, hahaha. Sorry @Kay, I meant Nosferatu. ?

Bloody hell, you guys are confusing the hell out of me! My name is Dan too.

• Haha 1

Ehh I don’t think so, the “no longer breathing but singing along” part made me think of someone whose heart wasn’t in it though. I’ve been really digging that song.

Played the album for my wife last night and she said “Why doesn’t Blink write songs for their age with him?” I said “Well. uhhh. long story but I literally talk about this on blink forums with people.” LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1