The Official, Comprehensive Blink-182 Timeline

boxelder

The fact that Davey had such a close connection to the band at such an early time does give him some bragging points for sure. But I think he did brag a bit much. He put out in the Blink collector forum that he would not accept Facebook friend requests and would not respond to private messages. The friend request thing I can understand, but the private message thing felt a little elitist. Like " I don't have time for you"....which he obviously did because he posted on here.

I just think he had a tough time accepting that there was life after Scott Raynor, and that the band did in fact move on. Just cause you pop back in 15 years later to see whatsup doesn't mean you can claim you were around when Blink was a real band, and all the rest of us fans aren't really part of Blink's history.

I don't think he lied, I just think he needs to get over the fact that the period he was a fan of the band makes up about 3-4 years of their 23 year history - there is more to blink than Cheshire Cat and playing shitty basement shows. Fair enough it was his favourite era, we all have ours too but he CONSTANTLY reminded everyone of it and just said shit for the sake of saying shit to remind everyone of how much better blink were back then.

I'd laugh if Mark just thought he was a weirdo creeper who just stalked the band, actually wouldn't surprise me to be honest. 

I like Daveyjones. He shared lots of cool shit with us and helped reignite my interest in the band. Whether or not he may have been rude, I don't really care, because he posted great stuff that we weren't getting from anyone else.

I agree to an extent, I certainly appreciated all the cool shit he brought like the zine interview and stuff. but even in PMs with me he was like mocking me calling myself "blink historian," which I added eons ago and forgot about lol

• 9 months later...

9/26/1998: The band performs at the University of Montreal (Cepsum Room) in Montreal, Quebec. At this show, the Vandals are a supporting act.

Interview during the same day, features clips from the show

2 October 1997, Métropolis, Montreal, Canada

small clip of Pathetic from that show

August 7th 1996, Bayfront Park & Amphitheatre, Miami, Florida

full show

another clip from the Victory Records interview

18/03/1996 The Wreck Room, Atlanta

full show

21/07/1997 The Nile Theater, Mesa, Arizona

full show

03/08/1996 Barnstable City Fairgrounds - Falmouth, MA

full show

24/07/1996 St. Andrews Hall - Detroit, MI

full show

03/08/1997 Tsunami Complex Orlando,Florida

full show

04/08/1997 Club La Vela Panama City,Florida

full show

01/08/1997 Jacksonville Fairgrounds Jacksonville,Florida

03/08/1997 Orlando,Florida

full show 

1996 Warped Tour clip with Blink 182

Rage 1998, Australia

interview recorded in May 1998 in Australia

Aired on 27/06/1998

5/31/1998: The band performs at WBCN River Rave '98 at Great Woods Amphitheater in Mansfield, Massachusettes.

much better quality video

3/7/1998: The band performs at Memorial Auditorium in Burlington, Vermont

interview with Mark the same day

11/7/1997: The band performs at the MTV Sports and Music Festival along with 311, Everclear, Reel Big Fish, Smash Mouth, the Crystal Method, the Offspring and Wu-Tang Clan.

small clip with Blink

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Poet Danderson said:

I think this a lot but never say it, Scott was a fucking awful drummer - especially live.

Would love to hear Travis beats on Dude Ranch.

I like Scott's drumming live, still appreciate his live performances :)

• Like 1

He's awful, but so are Tom and Mark, it worked. I love Travis and think he's a much better drummer, but Scott did have his charm. his heavy handed, simple charm. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...