The Official, Comprehensive Blink-182 Timeline

boxelder

Just now, Kay said:

Would @daveyjones have some contacts that could help you get these interviews? I imagine you've spoken to him already. 

Very cool project idea though, it's great to see. If you want a front cover designed let me know :P 

i haven't really talked to him about it, though i'd like to get him in on it as well!

• Like 1

From rmcauliffe : 

I attended the Sno-Core 98 concert on 2/25/98 at Sokol Hall in Omaha, Nebraska. It was a great concert.

I think Primus started the concert off, followed by The Aquabats, and then Blink-182. I remember Tom DeLonge walking through the crowd before they played right by us. It was great because it was still before Blink-182 really got huge with their "Enema Of The State" album.

I was introduced (by a friend that I went to the concert with) to The Aquabats' "Fury Of..." a few months before so we both knew a bit about the band. And we were both big fans of Blink-182. We knew Scott Raynor was their drummer. However, after The Aquabats played we definitely saw Travis Barker take off the mask and whatnot and began warming up (and then playing the concert) for Blink-182. We thought that is was weird but didn't really put it together until a few months later when it was revealed that Scott was fired from the band.

Did we see the first performance of Travis with Blink-182?

Here's where I noticed something that kind of backs it up. Sounds like there was an argument at that actual show.

On 3/1/2017 at 3:39 AM, Thibaut182 said:

From rmcauliffe : 

I attended the Sno-Core 98 concert on 2/25/98 at Sokol Hall in Omaha, Nebraska. It was a great concert.

I think Primus started the concert off, followed by The Aquabats, and then Blink-182. I remember Tom DeLonge walking through the crowd before they played right by us. It was great because it was still before Blink-182 really got huge with their "Enema Of The State" album.

I was introduced (by a friend that I went to the concert with) to The Aquabats' "Fury Of..." a few months before so we both knew a bit about the band. And we were both big fans of Blink-182. We knew Scott Raynor was their drummer. However, after The Aquabats played we definitely saw Travis Barker take off the mask and whatnot and began warming up (and then playing the concert) for Blink-182. We thought that is was weird but didn't really put it together until a few months later when it was revealed that Scott was fired from the band.

Here's where I noticed something that kind of backs it up. Sounds like there was an argument at that actual show.

Whoa, what is this from?? I'm from Omaha and went to tons of shows at that venue growing up (they don't really use it for concerts anymore). It would be insane to find out Travis's first show with Blink was in my city.

4 hours ago, Zoltan said:

very cool, thanks for notifying me of this. would be more reliable if he could produce a ticket stub or something, or if we had a bootleg from that night, but he seems very truthful. i've added it to the timeline.

that's a big blink mystery, and would be very cool if it just got figured out!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, boxelder said:

very cool, thanks for notifying me of this. would be more reliable if he could produce a ticket stub or something, or if we had a bootleg from that night, but he seems very truthful. i've added it to the timeline.

that's a big blink mystery, and would be very cool if it just got figured out!

Wow, it took so many years but I think that we finally have the exact date! @boxelder it seems truthful, remember this bootleg? it's from February 23rd and Scott is in it. We all knew that Travis joined the band by the end of February, I looked at the tour dates of SnoCore 98 and they had a day off on February 24th so it's safe to say that the guy saw Travis playing with blink for the first time ever on February 25th.

• Like 2

So weird, blink history is always made in february. Scott Leaves / Travis joins in february. blink split in february. blink reunite in february. and when Tom got officially kicked out in 2015 wasnt it literally the end of jan? 

10 minutes ago, Kay said:

So weird, blink history is always made in february. Scott Leaves / Travis joins in february. blink split in february. blink reunite in february. and when Tom got officially kicked out in 2015 wasnt it literally the end of jan? 

Yeah, Tom got kicked out in January, but close enough.

6 hours ago, Elisa said:

Wow, it took so many years but I think that we finally have the exact date! @boxelder it seems truthful, remember this bootleg? it's from February 23rd and Scott is in it. We all knew that Travis joined the band by the end of February, I looked at the tour dates of SnoCore 98 and they had a day off on February 24th so it's safe to say that the guy saw Travis playing with blink for the first time ever on February 25th.

well, the only reason i am slightly curious about this guy's recollection is that it would be very EARLY for him to join blink. news didn't break that scott was gone from the band until mid-june, and he's still seen playing shows on bootlegs from late may 1998. so i think the snocore date would be the first time travis played for the band. then he filled in when scott dipped out of a tour that spring for undisclosed reasons. then joined that summer.

Yes, Scott came back for the Australian tour (in May, I guess) but then he was definitely replaced in June when they played some shows in California with Travis. Travis' first tour with them was the PooPoo PeePee tour. 

7 hours ago, Elisa said:

Holy shit, I've seen probably a dozen shows in this venue.  Lawrence is where I went to college at.

Awesome video!

On 3/1/2017 at 1:39 AM, Thibaut182 said:

travis played a few pickup dates here and there in the spring of 98. it's clear that mark and tom (mostly mark) were keeping an eye on him and courting him.

btw — primus was the headliner on every sno core date.

travis did not replace scott raynor until june 98.

19 hours ago, daveyjones said:

travis played a few pickup dates here and there in the spring of 98. it's clear that mark and tom (mostly mark) were keeping an eye on him and courting him.

btw — primus was the headliner on every sno core date.

travis did not replace scott raynor until june 98.

“Mark was calling me about once a week, saying, “I think it’s going to happen this week.” It felt like I was getting a new girlfriend, one who was calling to say, “I’m going to break up with my dude—I’ll hit you as soon as he leaves.”

from travis's book. definitely sounds like mark was ready to kick scott out no matter what lol

• Like 2