The Official, Comprehensive Blink-182 Timeline

boxelder

2 hours ago, boxelder said:

“Mark was calling me about once a week, saying, “I think it’s going to happen this week.” It felt like I was getting a new girlfriend, one who was calling to say, “I’m going to break up with my dude—I’ll hit you as soon as he leaves.”

from travis's book. definitely sounds like mark was ready to kick scott out no matter what lol

yup, again it seemed to me that mark was doing the courting.

• 3 weeks later...

updates:

• all tour dates between 2012-17 (so far) are complete
  • extra stuff here and there (parking lot release date, etc)

funniest thing i found while researching today? apparently there was to be a blink 182 fan club in 2013 that never saw the light of day:

"I am proud and excited to announce that we will be launching the highly anticipated and robust Blink-182 fan club, The Rabbit Hole," DeLonge said in a statement. "We will have a collision of limited edition merchandise, ticketing and digital services exclusively to Rabbit Hole members. Consider us your new doctor, and we will be giving you daily physical exams."

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, boxelder said:

updates:

funniest thing i found while researching today? apparently there was to be a blink 182 fan club in 2013 that never saw the light of day:

God i was soo excited for that fan club...Then we never heard another thing about it. 

7 minutes ago, boxelder said:

Ah back in the peak days of Tom thinking he had blink wrapped around his finger again.  I always did wonder if any of Marks Rabbit Hole lyrics were in reference to this.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

17992019_1324866987549393_49070936894449

@oneeyeopen

Here is another flyer (thanks Summer) with us playing with a band that went on to bigger and better things. (At least I am assuming that is the same band that added the numbers to their name??) Someone want to verify this for me?

• Like 1

i think it's from 1995. i don't think assorted jelly beans existed in 1994, they formed in 1995, maybe late 1994. they were the first band on kung fu records, their debut album released in july 1996.

edit: in 1994, august 19th was on friday. in 1995, it was a saturday. so it's 1995.

@lee7890

Friend of mine said he saw the first show with travis. He's in his mid thirties and a music geek...Obviously this is debatable.

After the snocore tour of 98 (which had blink and the aquabats playing) blink went on a small west coast tour with some ska bands. Reel Big Fish was the headliner and blink was a warm up band (enema had not been released yet). Midway through the tour was Fresno. Apparently Scott had to leave for home because of an emergency.

My buddy said not that many people at the show were really there for blink. It was a bunch of ska kids. But specifically this was in Fresno, at the Rainbow Ballroom in spring of 1998, Mark came up to the mic and said "everyone this is travis. he's filling in for Scott tonight." And then the rest is history.

I had a folder, on my old computer, where I used to save all the old flyers from that era I could find.

I think I still have them on an external hard disk but maybe they're nothing new right now because I used to do that during the hiatus, but I should see what I have.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2017 at 0:31 PM, boxelder said:

updates:

I know this post is like a month old but I just noticed it. I was thinking about this the other day and wondering why it never came to be. Haha.

Well, not really wondering. It's pretty clear now that it was just a weird Tom idea and those have a 1.5% chance of ever actually coming to fruition.

On 4/27/2017 at 0:00 AM, Thibaut182 said:

But specifically this was in Fresno, at the Rainbow Ballroom in spring of 1998, Mark came up to the mic and said "everyone this is travis. he's filling in for Scott tonight." And then the rest is history.

travis filled in for scott several times during the spring of 1998 before becoming the official drummer in june of that year. the last time i saw the band play with scott was may 1, 1998 headlining at the hollywood palladium.

On 4/19/2017 at 4:51 AM, Thibaut182 said:

(At least I am assuming that is the same band that added the numbers to their name??)

the name change was official august 3, 1995. so they were actually blink-182 playing at this show, despite the flyer, distributed earlier, not showing the change.

• 1 month later...

found flyers for those shows : 

9/9/1997: The band performs at Rialto Theatre in Tucson, Arizona.

s-l1600.jpg

9/16/1997: The band performs at La Luna in Portland, Oregon.

s-l500.jpg

10/31/1995: The band performs at the Milk Bar in Jacksonville, Florida, beginning the GoodTimes tour. Other bands include Pennywise, Pivit, and Unwritten Law. This is the infamous show that Tom was arrested after.

s-l500.jpg

• Like 2