The Official, Comprehensive Blink-182 Timeline

boxelder

On 10/15/2017 at 6:45 PM, Kjblink182 said:

I believe that Blink/Backside Flyer is technically post 182. I'm pretty sure it's from the same showcase theatre show as I have the flyer for. October 21, 1995.
May have just been printed really far in advance and therefore been pre-182, or they made the 182 very small (as is the case with my flyer). Or it could be a totally different show, I'm not sure.

yes some of my ticket stubs and flyer from fall 1995 are sans-182. the ones for the milk bar in FL in 1996 are very strange though. the name change was effective 08-03-95, so i think it's an error on those tickets. no way they could have been printed that early.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, daveyjones said:

yes some of my ticket stubs and flyer from fall 1995 are sans-182. the ones for the milk bar in FL in 1996 are very strange though. the name change was effective 08-03-95, so i think it's an error on those tickets. no way they could have been printed that early.

yeah i noticed that too about the 96 milk bar tickets. i think there’s another example of that somewhere among the 96 shows, though im not sure. surely just an error since everyone refers to them as blink anyway 

• Like 1

Poster of the Race Around Uranus Tour from 9/1/1997: The band performs at Fitzgerald's in Houston, Texas. The first show of the Race Around Uranus Tour, with blink co-headlining with Less Than Jake to 10/11/1997: The band performs at Alachua Fairgrounds in Gainesville, Florida, concluding the Race Around Uranus Tour.

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

Poster of the Race Around Uranus Tour from 9/1/1997: The band performs at Fitzgerald's in Houston, Texas. The first show of the Race Around Uranus Tour, with blink co-headlining with Less Than Jake to 10/11/1997: The band performs at Alachua Fairgrounds in Gainesville, Florida, concluding the Race Around Uranus Tour.

here's a scan of my poster:

uranus.jpg

• Like 3

Some nice identified pics (i know we're not adding them to the timeline, it's to keep an update on those pics)

4/12/1997: The band performs at Boreal Mountain Resort in Soda Springs, California, as a part of Snow Bored? Snowboard & Music Festival.

IMG_4164_1.jpg

3/29/1997: The band performs at Macquarie University in Sydney, Australia as a part of Equinox Festival.

10n5cah.jpg

tumblr_n17byavOiO1rvx3wro2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n17bubMpJr1rvx3wro3_1280.jpg

7/20/1997: The band performs at Montreal Hippodrome in Montreal, Quebec.

Interview with Much Music

tumblr_meimffxf981rvx3wro2_1280.jpg

tumblr_meimffxf981rvx3wro1_1280.jpg

3/11/1996: The band performs at Spectrum in Montreal.

Interview with Much Music

tumblr_mef1wd9NTe1rvx3wro1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mef1wd9NTe1rvx3wro2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mef1wd9NTe1rvx3wro3_1280.jpg

Vans Warped Tour 1998 Australia

tumblr_nnfmqpSMam1u6x6rwo1_1280.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

So... While cleaning my room today, I came across a reproduction SOMA flyer I didn't have in my records. Can't find a source of the image either, although I did eventually find the file on my old computer. June 30th, 1993 at soma, San Diego.

My file is to large to upload here unfortunately, but I do have proof of it if necessary.

2/25/2000: The band performs at MTV Studios in New York, New York for MTV FANatic

5/31/1998: The band performs at WBCN River Rave '98 at Great Woods Amphitheater in Mansfield, Massachusettes.

Much better video quality

07/18/1999 The band is interviewed on MTV's 120 Minutes.

3/17/1998: The band performs "Dammit" on Late Night with Conan O'Brien.

http://video.tudou.com/v/XMjA3NzYyNDc0NA==.html

On 11/15/2017 at 10:32 AM, Thibaut182 said:

12/15/1996: The band performs at Crawford Hall in Irvine, California. Other bands includes The Vandals, Save Ferris and Diesel Boy.

i was at this show!

FYI josh freese played drums, not scott (he was recovering from breaking his ankles at the hotel del coronado, which delayed the recording of dude ranch).

• Like 1

Some new dates to add (proof with the flyer from that small tour in Australia)

5/10/1996 The band performs at the Playroom, Gold Coast, Australia. Other bands include Blister and Gilgamesh.

5/11/1996 The band performs at the Surfer's Paradise Surf Club, Australia. This show was an all ages show. Other bands include Blister and Gilgamesh.

5/11/1996 The band performs at Crash n Burn, Brisbane, Australia. Other bands include Blister and Gilgamesh.

5/12/1996 The band performs at Crash n Burn, Brisbane, Australia. This show was an all ages show. Other bands include Blister and Gilgamesh.

5/12/1996 The band performs at Noosa Reef Hotel, Noosa Heads. Other bands include Blister and Gilgamesh.

44c8790194317f9ca5a77697c61ce2d8--tour-p

• Like 1

Starting to have an idea about the date of that interview : at 2:12, it's mentionned that Blink is going to do the Warped Tour with Pennywise, Nofx, Dance Hall Crashers, Unwritten Law (this edition is the Warped Tour 1996)

At 4:34, the interviewer says that Blink just got back from a successful Australian tour, so that tour is the one with the poster above starting May 10th-May 12th.

So that interview is dated end of May 1996/ start of June 1996. Also that promo is probably for Epitaph (maybe it was around that time that Blink met with Greg Graffin regarding if whether or not they wanted to sign on Epitaph too, would make sense).

It was recorded in the Epitaph office with the Bad Religion and Offspring poster.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

So that interview is dated end of May 1996/ start of June 1996.

yup. i caught them at the dome on may 3rd, which would have been a week before they left for oz. and didn't see them back in CA until warped that summer. thanks for the details; i knew they went off in may but never knew the actual dates they played.

• Like 1