The Official, Comprehensive Blink-182 Timeline

boxelder

9 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

Regarding Warped Tour, is there any pictures from Blink playing Warped Tour 98 in Australia in January 1998 ?

I can't seem to find some hmm

i don't have any. BUT the plot thickens with regards to the lagwagon sticker.

i took this picture at the san diego warped tour, july 2, 1997. look, no sticker:

blink-warped-tour-97.jpg

so something is up about that oddville date...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

i don't have any. BUT the plot thickens with regards to the lagwagon sticker.

i took this picture at the san diego warped tour, july 2, 1997. look, no sticker:

so something is up about that oddville date...

Wow very interesting !!!

I just had a look on Blink's old website with the Wayback Machine and in the Breaking News page of their website (with the first news published on 05/17/1997 up to 02/03/1998 there's mention about the making of the Dammit video, that Blink is going to appear on Warped Tour 1997,  the MTV's 120 Minutes episode with Mark, Tom, Scott).

Not even a mention about that MTV Oddville performance too.

Only clue that I found is that during that MTV's 120 Minutes episode that aired October 5th, Matt Pinfield at the start of the clip talks about that MTV Oddville performance with the band :  

2 minutes ago, Thibaut182 said:

Only clue that I found is that during that MTV's 120 Minutes episode that aired October 5th

the october airing was a rerun. the original airing was the premiere of the dammit video on MTV. summer, 1997 (i can't remember if it was june or july, but i taped it on VHS the sunday night it aired).

2 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

the october airing was a rerun. the original airing was the premiere of the dammit video on MTV. summer, 1997 (i can't remember if it was june or july, but i taped it on VHS the sunday night it aired).

Indeed you're right, just read this in the Breaking News section : 

Blink 182's new video for the song Dammit will premier on MTV's 120 Minutes this Sunday, July 5th.

1 minute ago, Thibaut182 said:

Indeed you're right, just read this in the Breaking News section : 

Blink 182's new video for the song Dammit will premier on MTV's 120 Minutes this Sunday, July 5th.

there you go. so i taped it the sunday after the SD warped tour date. sooooo we have a mystery! there is a lagwagon sticker on tom's guitar during the oddville performance, which was aired on 120 minutes on july 5. yet the opening date of the 97 warped tour—july 2—there is clearly no sticker. but it shows up in all the later warped tour pics from that summer. what is going on????

Also the Lagwagon sticker wasn't on Tom's guitar during this date as well : 

7/6/1997: The band performs at Pier 30/32 in San Francisco, California.

On the last date of the tour, the Lagwagon sticker is there

8/5/1997: The band performs at Lakewood Fairgrounds in Atlanta, Georgia. This was the infamous show where a naked man in an E.T. mask hopped onstage during "Josie".

Maybe the MTV Oddville performance took place in July 1997 ?

As Tom putted the Lagwagon sticker during that month.

That MTV show was in New York so maybe Blink recorded their performance when they were in New York during that tour ?

Two dates in New York 

7/21/1997: The band performs at La Salle Park in Buffalo, New York.

7/25/1997: The band performs at Randall's Island in New York, New York.

3 minutes ago, Thibaut182 said:

That MTV show was in New York so maybe Blink recorded their performance when they were in New York during that tour?

oddville premiered on June 16, 1997. blink was not on the show until episode 43.

so there are some clues that the 120 minutes clip is not the one that aired on july 5th. that was simply the premiere of the dammit video. i have both 120 minutes eps on tape, i must have just gotten them confused.

the show with the longer interview with matt pinfield is clearly later in the year. he says "you've been on two warped tours" (that would be 96 and 97) and he closes the piece by saying you can catch them on the "race around uranus tour" with less than jake (which did not begin until fall 1997). and the oddville performance is shown, with the sticker, and matt mentions it.

thus, oddville was filmed mid-july in new york, as you suggest, or even later. but the earlier date in the timeline is incorrect for sure.

I love seeing these videos during the dude ranch era with scott.

They seem so down to earth and cool, plus great seeing scott get some words in that interview!

I get from that video that they wernt too impressed with cheshire cat or seemed embarrassed looking back at it and liked the direction of dude ranch 

found poster for this show :

11/26/1997: The band performs at Bren Center at UC Irvine in Irvine, California.

s-l1600.jpg

found Josie footage for this show : 

The band performs at Zilker Park in Austin, Texas as a part of the MTV Sports and Music Festival

found footage of this show : 

8/27/2000: The band performs at the Reading Festival. This show was broadcast on Channel V Australia.

New date to add (with footage as well)

01/30/2000 The band performs at Royal Melbourne Showgrounds in Melbourne, Australia part of the Big Day Out 2000.

New date to add (with footage to add)

09/03/2000 The band performs at the Arena Nord, Bologna in Italy part of the Independent Day Festival.

New date to add (with footage to add)

07/29/2000 The band performs at the California Mid-State Fair, Paso Robles.

found full video for this show : 

11/2/1999: The band performs at Mesa Amphitheater in Mesa, California, beginning the Loserkids Tour -- their first arena tour.

found full video footage for this show :

2/8/1997: The band performs at the Nile Theater, in Mesa, Arizona.

New date to add (with audio) : 

05/24/1998 The band performs at Triple J Studios in Sydney.

12/02/1999 The band performs at the Transmusicales in Rennes,France.

found audio for this show :

12/11/1998: The band performs at the Universal Amphitheatre in Universal City, California, as a part of KROQ's Almost Acoustic Christmas.

08/31/2000 The band performs at the Two Days A Week Festival in Wiesen.

09/02/2000 The band performs at the Rock Am See in Konstanz,Germany.

11/5/1999: The band performs at the Universal Amphitheatre in Universal City, California. This show was recorded and is partially the basis of the band's 2000 live album, The Mark, Tom and Travis Show (The Enema Strikes Back).

New date to add (with audio)

04/20/2000 The band performs at the Elysee Montmartre in Paris.

10/1/1997: The band performs at Walter Street Music Hall in Rochester, New York.

6/9/2000: The band performs at Pine Knob Music Amphitheatre in Clarkson, Michigan.

• Like 1

Posters of those shows behind Mark during an interview : 

12/1/1995: The band performs at Stewart's in Mooloolabah, Australia, beginning the second, Australian leg of the GoodTimes tour, alongside Pennywise and Bodyjar.

12/2/1995: The band performs at Fisherman's Wharf in Surfer's Paradise, Australia. (K£V¥Ñ-¹8²'s schedule lists this as The Spit, Gold Coast, QLD)

12/3/1995: The band performs at Leagues in Central Coast, Australia.

11/26/1997: The band performs at Bren Center at UC Irvine in Irvine, California.

found poster and more info for this show : 

8/15/1997: The band performs at the Bizarre Festival in Cologne, Germany.

Bizarre Festival 1997

found small clip of that show and poster for this show :

8/23/1997: The band performs at Kempische Steenweg in Hasselt, Belgium, as a part of the Pukkelpop Festival.

0823_pukkelpop_poster_big.jpg

found poster for this show :

8/24/1997: The band performs at Spijk en Bremerberg in Dronten, Holland, as a part of Lowlands Festival. This completed their stint on Warped Tour 1997.

ll-1997-affiche-klein.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

New date to add (and more info as well)

05/25/1997 The band performs at Canes, San Diego part of Pennywise's release party of their album "Full Circle". This was a free show and other bands playing included Unwritten Law, Angry Little Man, 98 Mute and Pennywise.

From SRH :

What made this show killer was that it was a free show. So you had Blink-182 and Unwritten Law, both San Diego based bands, blowing up at the time. Both these bands had developed their own huge followings, specially in San Diego, so each of them could have easily sold out shows on their own. But because Pennywise was always taking upcoming punk bands on tour to give them exposure, both bands felt a huge obligation to show their thanks. I'm not sure how everyone was able to do it for so long, but there must have been a 2 hour long mosh pit, which really seemed like the whole place of like 2,000 people. Pennywise was originally not scheduled to actually play, but because it was such poetic mayhem, they ended up getting on stage at the end of Blink-182's set and doing their own hour set. Which pushed the level energy in the room up to a 12 out of 10. People coming out of the mosh pit, looking like they had just got out of the ocean, and standing against the wall, the only place to get out of the most pit. I remember after the show, seeing what seemed like hundreds of people lying on the cold cement of the boardwalk, trying to cool off outside the venue. Definitely one of the most epic shows we put on.

• Like 1

am i the only one who's never been into blink's merch, like 99% of the time? even in those days, though it was less cringey than the hot topic shit we've got now, it's still wacky-looking. i realize that's part of the image, but... blech. 

4 hours ago, boxelder said:

am i the only one who's never been into blink's merch, like 99% of the time? even in those days, though it was less cringey than the hot topic shit we've got now, it's still wacky-looking. i realize that's part of the image, but... blech. 

There have been a handful of items over the years that I've genuinely liked. The above shirt is just okay, but at least it's not loud and embarrassing for anyone over the age of 16 to wear.

• Like 3