The Official, Comprehensive Blink-182 Timeline

boxelder

found article/interview from that show :

2/9/1998: The band performs at RIMAC Arena in San Diego

http://thedailyaztec.com/17718/daily-aztec-stories/blink-twice/

found article from that show : 

3/13/1998: The band performs at Electric Factory in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

https://www.newspapers.com/newspage/89676910/

found pictures for this show : 

2/14/1998: The band performs at the Joint in Las Vegas, Nevada.

20033.jpg

20032.jpg

20031.jpg

found pictures for this show : 

"1998-04-25 Las Vegas, NV - Sam Boyd Stadium"

20037.jpg

20038.jpg

20039.jpg

20034.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

On 7/6/2018 at 4:24 PM, Thibaut182 said:

found pictures for this show (can't seem to remember the exact date for some reason, any help would be much appreciated!)

20037.jpg

i believe the 1999 date on these photos is incorrect. this appears to be from april 1998. mark's hair bright purple and tom's hair bleached; josie video shoot was 04-19-98. there is also a magazine photo shoot from this month with the same hairdos.

• Like 1

sorry if this is repeated info, @boxelder but i confirmed the 120 minutes broadcast date via an online archive of the show. i remember we had some discussion about it re: the oddville performance, and the premiere of the dammit video. the band was on the show in october. this playlist of videos indeed jives with my own VHS recording of the show:

120min.png

source link:

https://120minutes.tylerc.com/1997/#100597

• Like 1

found poster for this show :

8/27/2000: The band performs at the Reading Festival. This show was broadcast on Channel V Australia

36942820_10160781790330604_3621810534757

More info on this show : 

3/16/1998: The band performs at the Roseland Ballroom in New York City, concluding their stint on SnoCore 98.

3:37

On 7/8/2018 at 1:39 AM, daveyjones said:

i believe the 1999 date on these photos is incorrect. this appears to be from april 1998. mark's hair bright purple and tom's hair bleached; josie video shoot was 04-19-98. there is also a magazine photo shoot from this month with the same hairdos.

@daveyjones is right, the pictures are from "1998-04-25 Las Vegas, NV - Sam Boyd Stadium"

Thank you very much @Thibaut182 and everyone in this forum that has contributed to this outstanding post. Also thank you @daveyjones for the tones of insight that you have provided. 

I'm also a die hard old blink fan and can't measure the amounts of joy this post has brought me. Hopefully I will start contributing myself very soon on this post, I've got a bunch of corrections/new dates that I can provide.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

found interview from that show : 

1/26/2000: The band performs at Homebush Bay's RAS Showgrounds in Sydney, Australia, as a part of Big Day Out 2000. This show was broadcast on Channel V Australia, and is often considered a classic blink show.

found more footage for this show :

9/3/2000: The band performs at Arena Nord, Bologna in Italy part of the Independent Day Festival.

found footage for this show : 

9/2/2000: The band performs at Rock Am See in Konstanz, Germany.

New date to add (with footage) :

04/21/2000 The band performs at the Mediolanum in Milan,Italy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_0eucoRWB0

New date to add (with news report footage) : 

05/02/2000 The band performs at the Santa Susana High School, part of KROQ Punk Rock Prom.

found footage for this show :

3/17/1998: The band performs "Dammit" on Late Night with Conan O'Brien.
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/2AuK9iDQTGg

7/18/1997: The band performs at United Center in Chicago, Illinois. (According to Mark's road report, blink didn't play this show)

Today was a complete wash, and I mean that literally. Right as the doors opened, the rain started coming down in huge sheets. It soaked everything. Then the lightning came and scared the shit out of everyone. We all thought that someone was going to be electrocuted for sure. One of the bolts came so close that it hit the United Center. Scary. Our show ended up getting cut because they had to shut down one of the stages. I was bummed. The kids were all soaked to the bone. And it was cold. So I sat at the merch booth all day and sold shirts to wet and cold kids, many of whom were pissed at ME because we didn't play, despite the fact that it wasn't our call at all.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, luisbootlegs said:

7/18/1997: The band performs at United Center in Chicago, Illinois. (According to Mark's road report, blink didn't play this show)

Exact, more info about this show as well below : 

I've written about my first Warped Tour experience at length before, but my feelings on that day virtually never change. At 15, I had barely been to local shows, but my older brother got a postcard in the mail courtesy of some band's mailing list that advertised the Warped Tour, and we thought it sounded incredible so we convinced our mom to drive us into Chicago, where we were dropped off at the United Center. Of course, the show wasn't inside; it was outside, in Parking Lot J. (The random shit you remember, right?) I remember being in awe of the spectacle of it all, while also hungrily consuming whatever information (and merch) I could find at every booth. I met Blink-182 at their tent and told them I was looking forward to seeing them play later that day, but it wasn't meant to be: A gnarly thunderstorm swooped in and dumped what felt like thousands of gallons of rain on top of us from about 2 p.m. until about 8 p.m., causing all the side stages to shut down after only a few bands played. (This was a safety precaution, due to the side stages not having roof coverings, something Sugar Ray's Mark McGrath learned the hard way, as a bolt of lightning stuck their stage during their set—and I saw it happen.)

https://www.altpress.com/features/throwback_thursday_the_first_warped_tours_we_attended/

• Like 2

A bunch of Vans Warped Tour '96 corrections and shows to be added to the list:

- The band performs at Desert Sky Pavilion in Phoenix, Arizona, kicking off their stint on Warped Tour 1996.* (I would just remove the star on this one. Blink did play this show. There was a live video of the band playing this show long time ago.
7/6/1996: The band performs at Cal State Dominguez Hills in Carson, California.*  (Blink didn't play this show)
- 7/11/1996: The band performs at the Tacoma Dome in Tacoma, Washington. Ticket stub  (Blink didn't play this show)
- 1996-07-28 Montreal, Canada - Hippodrome Racetrack (Vans Warped Tour '96) 
- 1996-08-02 Vernon, NJ - Action Park (Vans Warped Tour '96) 
- 1996-08-04 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony (Vans Warped Tour '96) 
- 1996-08-06 Jacksonville, FL - Metropolitan Park (Vans Warped Tour '96) 
- 1996-08-08 Panama City, FL - Club La Vela (Vans Warped Tour '96)

I would also suggest tagging the shows that were part of the Vans Warped Tour '96 since it can lead to some confusion i.e. 

7/13/1996: The band performs at the Palace in Hollywood, California
7/24/1996: The band performs at St. Andrews Hall in Detroit, Michigan.
7/29/1996: The band performs at The Underworld in Montreal, Quebec.

The three shows above were not part of the Vans Warped Tour '96. However it might look like if they were because on the list they are sandwiched between Vans Warped Tour '96 shows.

Gonna hit the sack now, enjoy!

3 minutes ago, luisbootlegs said:

i was at this show. a good one, and actually sort of historic. at this show mark passed out their brand new stickers for the first time, which was the public debut of this logo / lettering. later on warped 97 he put one on his black musicman. i still have my sticker from that very night:

sticker.jpg

• Like 2

Nice little story about this show :

7/4/1996: The band performs at Desert Sky Pavalion in Phoenix, Arizona, kicking off their stint on Warped Tour 1996

13:35 regarding Blink

found other clip from this show : 

01/24/1998: The band performs for Recovery.

On 7/10/2018 at 1:20 AM, daveyjones said:

i was at this show. a good one, and actually sort of historic. at this show mark passed out their brand new stickers for the first time, which was the public debut of this logo / lettering. later on warped 97 he put one on his black musicman. i still have my sticker from that very night:

sticker.jpg

You are a fucking legend dude! - Thanks a lot for sharing this

11/13/2006 +44 (composed of Mark and Travis) release the first and only album of +44 (When Your Hearts Beating).

s-l1600.jpg

06/25/2013 The Transplants (with Travis, Tim Armstrong and Skinhead Rob) release their third album (In A Warzone).

s-l1600.jpg

12/9/2003: Riding in Vans with Boys, a documentary on the Pop Disaster Tour, is released.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

16 minutes ago, luisbootlegs said:

How often are the corrections/additions to the timeline that we are posting here updated on the main list?. Who is the one in charge of updating the list? - I'm just curious.

@boxelder is charged of updating the list :) And he updates the list when he has time to keep everything updated (tons of new additions to add since the last update too!) 

• Like 1

On 7/9/2018 at 8:10 PM, luisbootlegs said:

A bunch of Vans Warped Tour '96 corrections and shows to be added to the list:

- The band performs at Desert Sky Pavilion in Phoenix, Arizona, kicking off their stint on Warped Tour 1996.* (I would just remove the star on this one. Blink did play at this show. There was a live video of the band playing at this show long time ago.
7/6/1996: The band performs at Cal State Dominguez Hills in Carson, California.*  (Blink didn't play at this show)
- 7/11/1996: The band performs at the Tacoma Dome in Tacoma, Washington. Ticket stub  (Blink didn't play at this show)
- 1996-07-28 Montreal, Canada - Hippodrome Racetrack (Vans Warped Tour '96) 
- 1996-08-02 Vernon, NJ - Action Park (Vans Warped Tour '96) 
- 1996-08-04 Asbury Park, NJ - The Stone Pony (Vans Warped Tour '96) 
- 1996-08-06 Jacksonville, FL - Metropolitan Park (Vans Warped Tour '96) 
- 1996-08-08 Panama City, FL - Club La Vela (Vans Warped Tour '96)

I would also suggest tagging the shows that were part of the Vans Warped Tour '96 since it can lead to some confusion i.e. 

7/24/1996: The band performs at St. Andrews Hall in Detroit, Michigan.
7/29/1996: The band performs at The Underworld in Montreal, Quebec.

The three shows above were not part of the Vans Warped Tour '96. However it might look like if they were because on the list they are sandwiched between Vans Warped Tour '96 shows.

Gonna hit the sack now, enjoy!

welcome! thanks for the info.

On 7/9/2018 at 8:54 PM, Thibaut182 said:

Nice little story about this show :

7/4/1996: The band performs at Desert Sky Pavalion in Phoenix, Arizona, kicking off their stint on Warped Tour 1996

13:35 regarding Blink

thibaut... how the fuck did you find this? lol

• Haha 1