The Official, Comprehensive Blink-182 Timeline

boxelder

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

sorry for having not updated this in so long! it's kinda tedious, but today i got to add some more! mostly i added tour dates, including

• random one-offs that are notable (daytona spring break, big day out)
  • warped tour 1997
  • warped tour 1999
  • loserkids 1999
  • race around uranus
  • pop disaster tour

in addition, now whenever i can find a video of the performance, either partial or full, i link to it afterwards as "Video 1" or whatever. btw @Thibaut182, added a lot of stuff you had previously posted.

hope whoever reads enjoys, more to come eventually! lol

• Like 5

more updates this morning. so there's been this tour schedule compiled by a guy years ago that's circulated online forever. and so even though much of it is unsourced, plenty of it checks out so i added a lot of dates from 1994-96 (ones with no source are indicated with a *). i also cleaned up a lot of those early years and added more info where i can.

i hope to get to the california era and work on that, but the 90s are just a really interesting period lol

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

I would kill for a boxset with a blink 182 history book, out-takes, rarities, live songs, etc. Get some new interviews, live show photos, merch documentation, etc.

i'm actually trying to write a blink book! seems like all the other books have either left out info or are outdated now. i'm gonna try and interview literally everyone i can. been workin on it for a good year now

• Like 3

1 hour ago, _Kyle_ said:

Awesome! Keep us updated. Who are trying to talk to? Feldmann?

ha! here's a list off the top of my head:

• scott
  • anne hoppus
  • kerry key
  • jeff forrest (engineered buddha)
  • people from san diego scene (o, unwritten law)
  • rick devoe (i know this is unlikely, but might as well try)
  • rick bonde
  • mike krull
  • maybe even people from mark's first bands (attic children, of all things, etc)
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Hell even members of the side-projects would be cool to hear from. David Kennedy has been friends with Tom forever. Hearing about blink from his perspective could be cool too.

Sounds like a rad project, dude. I always wished there were more (and better) blink books.

thanks! i'm excited about it. i'll include him too, if he's ever interested in talking to some random guy writing a free ebook! lol. i haven't gotten to interviewing anyone yet, but i will when i can devote a full amount of time to it, which may be later this year. as of now, i'm just finding random things i can include and re-writing the narrative portions. it's mostly (as of now) an oral history, which i think might be the best way to do a book like this considering i'm no writer, just a hobbyist lol!

there's a lot of stuff i want to touch on that have never been documented in a book before, like scott's stunt after the MCA signing (jumping off the balcony). i want this book to be the best account of this band, even if it's obscure and unauthorized

• Like 2

1 hour ago, boxelder said:

thanks! i'm excited about it. i'll include him too, if he's ever interested in talking to some random guy writing a free ebook! lol. i haven't gotten to interviewing anyone yet, but i will when i can devote a full amount of time to it, which may be later this year. as of now, i'm just finding random things i can include and re-writing the narrative portions. it's mostly (as of now) an oral history, which i think might be the best way to do a book like this considering i'm no writer, just a hobbyist lol!

there's a lot of stuff i want to touch on that have never been documented in a book before, like scott's stunt after the MCA signing (jumping off the balcony). i want this book to be the best account of this band, even if it's obscure and unauthorized

Would @daveyjones have some contacts that could help you get these interviews? I imagine you've spoken to him already. 

Very cool project idea though, it's great to see. If you want a front cover designed let me know :P 

• Like 1