Blink 182 Live @ The Roxy Pics

Chris

Ghent - UAN still sounds fucking horrible.

I saw someone else say this, and I don't understand the mentality. Now if you just don't like the song in general, then I get that, but I mean, UAN live with Skiba actually sounds like it does on the album, like it's supposed to. They've done the song justice, and since I've always liked the song, I have to say, I really loved this live performance of Up All Night.

• Like 1

I've thought UAN was absolute cringe live ever since they started playing it.

Last nights version was good. 

no name skiba really pulled through and transformed that song. same with Down, Violence, Reckless Abandon, ATST, and more than half of the set list that Tom had run into the ground.

• Like 2

I dunno Mike, songs don't have to sound like on the album when played live at all IMO. I find that a bit boring to be honest. I personally like a raw and heavier live sound.

Often I agree with this mentality, I'm just saying that there isn't anything wrong with how they played Up All Night, it's undeniably that song and sounds very much like it does on album. To say that performance was bad would be to say you just don't like the song in general, which I understand, that song isn't for everyone, but if you like the song, but found that performance to be horrible, is very confusing to me.

Pretty impressed with Skiba tbh. Listening to a few vids I did suddenly miss Tom wich was weird, but the more I listen and watch the more I like it. He did a good job. Tom would die inside though if he saw these vids.

Thanks for uploading your vids Niku btw

Often I agree with this mentality, I'm just saying that there isn't anything wrong with how they played Up All Night, it's undeniably that song and sounds very much like it does on album. To say that performance was bad would be to say you just don't like the song in general, which I understand, that song isn't for everyone, but if you like the song, but found that performance to be horrible, is very confusing to me.

I just don't agree with the statement that a song should sound exactly like it does on the record when played live. Wasn't referring to UAN.

I just don't agree with the statement that a song should sound exactly like it does on the record when played live. Wasn't referring to UAN.

Like I said I often agree with this, that's why I find Green Day shows so boring. But boring doesn't mean bad. It's still a good performance of the song. And frankly, Up All Night isn't the type of song that should be played differently, songs like Down, STFTK, Rock Show, I Miss You, and Carousel have all sounded great when played differently and make a certain logical sense, with Up All Nght, I'm really not sure what a good way to change that song up live would be, it's a song that if played live should pretty much be done like it was on the album for it to sound good.

Jesus, Matt sounds amazing. I'm loving these videos and i hope Matt stays. This is a new era of blink and after this videos i would be more than excited to see what Matt can bring if they record a new album. 

Of course although, Tom did bring that signature blink sound that we all know and love. I'm hoping Matt doesn't try to replicate that and just bring his own style to it where it doesn't sound like Alk3 or Sekrets. 

Ok, the show was not perfect. That's a thing we all know, but was very good, and way better than the latests shows with Tom -except, maybe, the Untitled anniversary thing-. But, heck, it was the first show they all played together in front of an audience. I can imagine myself on Skiba's shoes, and I can feel how nervous and the amount of responsabiity he's commiting to. All of them, in fact, fr taking blink to a new era.

But, there's always the funny part. And that comes when I read tombots in avamovement, it seems like if we all were watching different things. I just can't understand how a person can say this after WATCHING a few blink/Matt Skiba videos. It's insane. The last part is awesome, considering that those tombots are defending Tom, that Artist who was milking blink to -literally- its death. Thanks to Mark, MAtt and Travis, blink was pulled off of the ICU.

I've got nothing but respect for Matt Skiba, he stepped up at a difficult time, but I can't help but agree with this. I think a lot of the blink fans on Reddit, 182online and even here were expecting blink-182 pre-breakup and what they got was a blink-182 cover band featuring a Mark Hoppus and Travis Barker. It's hard for most people to admit that it wasn't what they expected, so greatly over exaggerating is the obvious next move. The harmonies are not spot-on, they're literally just average harmonies, like Tom and Mark's harmonies were, just average. If that's those are the best harmonies that people have heard, they need to listen to more decent music.

After What's My Age Again, Mark shouted "blink-183 motherfuckers!", so that's a clear indication they really are going with that name. Instead of moving back to +44 with Matt Skiba, of course they are going to milk blink-182 of every cent they can get. Sad really.

Those boards are a gem. I'm just curious to see how they're going to react as Tom keeps on going deeper on his twisted career to nowhere. Making promises and telling half truths.

Who's over exaggerating things? We? Really? For enjoy having a band running as normal bands run, instead an egomaniac who only thinks on feed his ego?

Woah.