From States Away

bennett

Riff around 2:20 in Boyhood is siiiiiiiick. Guitars and vocals throughout are really solid. In "Everything You Write" I feel like there is some reverb that you didn't need there, but overall it's all recorded and mixed really well. It fits with the genre very well, nice job.

• Like 1

Pretty solid effort. Impressed with the production.

thanks man!

Just listened to it in full, much better than the bubblegum pop punk you produced in the old band. 

It's pretty good, following you on Spotify now. 

huge compliment dan, thanks so much. couldn't agree with you more haha. that's really how we all feel. 

Awesome work! really enjoyed listening to it

thanks dood!

I'm hard to please, especially with some of the toilet music that gets posted on here haha.

Image is much better too.

yeah man, a hell of a lot less fake this time around. it's actually the same drummer and lead guitarist from the last band. getting rid of that singer brought us up to an entire new level

Big step up from VMR. That singer seemed like suchhhhhh a douche-tool.

trust me, you don't even know the half of it....the amount of people who didn't like us because of his voice, and have come back to tell us this is so much better. thanks man

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You guys have a legit following going. How did that happen? Your old band had a fan base that followed the new band? I'm just wondering how a brand new band makes a compilation cover and has so much buzz going to make Warped. I wasn't too familiar with Voted Most Random, so I don't know if that was the same initial level of success.

I work in marketing now and this intrigues the shit out of me.

• Like 1

as crazy as it was the success with VMR hit pretty quickly as well. Our second show was with We The Kings and fifth was Warped Tour lol. We definitely had a good amount of people come over from that fanbase, but people just seem to purely like the music so much more. As they should, because it's not even close to how much better the new stuff is in every way.

As for the compilation I was just contacted through the label, he really liked our stuff and wanted to get us on this thing which was really damn cool.

and thank you for the comment on the page!

• 1 month later...