Blink Studio Discussion Thread

Ghent

Mark, Matt and Travis would have so much fun playing a few weeks of Warped together. It would be like reliving their careers on some wacky alternative path where Matt is there instead of Tom and they have unlimited money to stay in hotels and live it up.

I'd love to see a couple week run. Travis and Tom have played warped tour in the last decade. Not sure about Matt, but I don't see why Mark and Matt wouldn't want to get back there and run the place as Warped royalty. Fuck it, Eminem can come too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, One Eight Two said:

I'm pretty sure all that's left is extra percussive parts like shakers, tambourines, ect.

Yeah, and what we're seeing is Travis really taking control of the production and collaborating with Feldy. I think it's great. Travis could tell Feldmann, "hey man, can we add a little guitar thing to that part," and Feldmann would get it and record the guitar. We may even get to hear their raucous sex noises on one of the tracks.

• Like 3

Eeerm I'm not sure thats a direct correlation. Travis is the best musician, but that doesn't mean the album will be better if he's all over it. Ultimately the only Travis project I like is blink (well, and +44 obviously). I can't stand transplants or basically anything else he's ever done, so more Travis to me doesn't equal better album, by any stretch. 

1 hour ago, Zeke said:

I think they are mixing / mastering the record. And John has asked Travis to put something extra. It's good that they spend so much effort to have the best output out of it.

Nah, there must be a bigger name mixing and mastering the record. Like Lord-Alge and Brian Gardner.

11 minutes ago, morris. said:

Nah, there must be a bigger name mixing and mastering the record. Like Lord-Alge and Brian Gardner.

Maybe this time they use only Feldmann's engineers? I believe Lord-Alge and Brian Gardner are not the cheapest ones.

I think seeing all these pictures of Travis in the studio these past weeks is a huuuge positive sign. He can be counted on to be the "no bullshit" guy in the band, and the fact that he seems to really believe in this album and seems so hyped gives me a lot of hope. With Neighborhoods and DED he was probably just like "fuck this, I have better things to focus on than this bickering back and forth" and just did his work without thinking too much about it. This time you can tell he's very involved with the whole process. Pretty cool to see.

• Like 3