Blink Studio Discussion Thread

Ghent

5 hours ago, fran.182 said:

The single could drop any day. Streaming on Vevo/Youtube, premiering on KROQ or whatever they choose to do... it's just more likely to be put up for sale as a digital download (iTunes, Amazon...) on a friday, I believe.

this. up all night came out on a thursday night IIRC. they'll take it to KROQ whenever. my bet's mid-april

speaking of that, i can't fuckin wait for this to premiere. can you believe how hyped this board will be that night? up all night i remember was crazy exciting because it was the first in years. this is certainly also pretty big... the first-ever blink song without tom. gonna be crazy that day, and it's comin pretty soon.

• Like 1

This is weird for me, after the lackluster reunion and the last couple of Trio releases I never thought I would be this excited for anything blink or Skiba related again. Just give me a song so I know if I'm rightfully excited or just set upp for another dissapointment, pretty please.

1 hour ago, Emil said:

This is weird for me, after the lackluster reunion and the last couple of Trio releases I never thought I would be this excited for anything blink or Skiba related again. Just give me a song so I know if I'm rightfully excited or just set upp for another dissapointment, pretty please.

ahah, a lot of fans in suspension now. joy and delight against  dissapointment - don't know how it wiil be

I always thought Even If She Falls sounds like a song that would fit somewhere between TOYPAJ and Untitled.  If songs like that are what that guy means when he says the music sounds like a middle ground between TOYPAJ and Untitled, then I'm all for it.  I said it before, but I'll say it again, I would love an album full of songs in the same vein as Even If She Falls even if Tom has nothing to do with it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, M!ke said:

I always thought Even If She Falls sounds like a song that would fit somewhere between TOYPAJ and Untitled.  If songs like that are what that guy means when he says the music sounds like a middle ground between TOYPAJ and Untitled, then I'm all for it.  I said it before, but I'll say it again, I would love an album full of songs in the same vein as Even If She Falls even if Tom has nothing to do with it.

I remember when I saw the title...I thought, It would be a Mark's song, the title Even If She Falls reminds of Baby, Come On. And then I was surprised when Tom had the lead vocals part.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Surely they can do better than a Neighborhoods song that didn't even make the cut, geez. My hopes are way higher than that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

Surely they can do better than a Neighborhoods s ong that didn't even make the cut, geez. My hopes are way higher than that.

So what if it didn't make the cut?  It's a fantastic song, one of my favorites from the band.  Not Now and What Went Wrong didn't make the cut for their albums either, but they too rank among my favorite songs for their respective albums.  So for me, that logic is stupid.  As is the logic that because it is from Neighborhoods that it is a poor song to look to for a sound I hope to hear more of.  Not all of Neighborhoods is bad, some tracks are still fantastic blink-182 tracks that make me grateful they ever did reunite, and Even If She Falls is definitely one of those songs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NotNow said:

Iif she falls was an all tom  song so I don't think you'll be getting songs like that anymore haha.

I understand that, but I'd also say that a song like Baby, Come On or Cliff Diving are in that same spirit as Even If She Falls, so I would say there could be songs in the same vein as Even If She Falls for sure.

24 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Even if she falls was an all tom song so I don't think you'll be getting songs like that anymore haha.

Thank Christ, I hate Even If She Falls.

• Like 1