NBA

Mitch.

This is actually the first time I noticed westbrook trying to accomplish something through that triple double. It was clear since he was perfect from the field and the line that he didn't wanna spoil it and wasn't shooting the ball at all. Of course it was a blow out and it didn't matter but still. I know some people say he's chasing stats but the way he plays always seemd natural to me.

LBJ is still clearly the best player in the game.  Hands down.  Should have won so many MVPs  other than the ones he has. (And not only because I'm a Dubs fan, but not last year. Steph deserved that one hands down), but there have been so many years that he got robbed just because he's Lebron.

This year though, has to be bwetween WE, Harden, Kawaii and LBJ.  And as much as I hate him, I think it has to be Lebron.  I know Westbrook puts up his teiple-doubles, but not. Not efficient. Plays for himself.  Nothing more.

Yeah, drunk again....  So apologies if rambling....

But, LBJ, KL, IT are the MVPs for me....

• Like 1

I never understood how westbrook plays for himself or isn't efficient though. What he should pass more to abrines and roberson? He has double figures in assists. How is he not efficient? He has the team in the play-offs while without him they would be a lottery team. I guess most guys that say that have only seen him against the warriors which have played perfect against okc in all 4 games and okc has played their worst games against them or in some of his off nights idk.

Boston's had their chances to get the 1 seed for sure, and I won't buy into it unless they beat Cleveland in April. Man would that be great!

I don't think LeBron should be MVP this year. The Cavs have been really underwhelming this year and LeBron has spent a good portion of the year complaining (not something a good leader should do). If you're going to give it to someone, give it to Kawhi or Harden. They're the key reasons their teams are winning so many games and neither have created any useless drama this year.

2 hours ago, petros said:

I never understood how westbrook plays for himself or isn't efficient though. What he should pass more to abrines and roberson? He has double figures in assists. How is he not efficient? He has the team in the play-offs while without him they would be a lottery team. I guess most guys that say that have only seen him against the warriors which have played perfect against okc in all 4 games and okc has played their worst games against them or in some of his off nights idk.

He shoots below league average, yet takes 24 shots a game. I get the "well he's their best player, he has to!" argument, but so many of the shots he takes simply aren't good. Like when he barrels his way to the rim completely out of control and throws up a brick (which creates a fast break for the other team as he recovers), or when he jacks up 7 threes a game (of all players who shoot as many or more 3s than him, every player makes them at a higher percentage). Yes, he gets a lot of assists, but what else would you expect when his usage rate is the highest in NBA history? He will also shatter the record for most turnovers in a single season (he has an awful assist-turnover ratio).

Now if he has games like that where he holds off on the awful shots and looks to create more opportunities for his teammates, it shows how much better that is for his team. 6 shots is too low, but if that was how he played for the season, his team would rack up more wins and I'd be on board with him being the MVP.

The Spurs have basically the same point differential with Kawhi on and off the floor, Harden and Westbrook have record braking turnover seasons. LBJ is bitching all the time but that part of influencing the officials. I always get the feeling that he could do more if needed, he has that extra gear not many players can switch to.

It's a tight race this year for sure. You can't really go wrong with any of these four. 

16 minutes ago, MattSkibbasuxatguitar said:

Honestly, Booker scoring 70 just shows how's soft our league has gotten.  He's not a bad scorer/shooter, but I can't see him scoring much more than 10 a game in any other era.

Props though, obvious stat chase or not, he had some good shots.

He took 40 shots and 25 free throws. Points would rack up in any era.

Besides, I don't really know what you mean. 1957-1991, there was only 1 season where the league average of points per game was less than the 105.6 it is this season. I know I know, but the league was tough as nailz. Or do you mean he's small? He's 6'6" 206. Jordan was 6'6" 196.

So in 85-86, when the league average was 110, defense was so much better? And the 30 free throws per game compared to the 23 now sure suggests Booker wouldn't be going to the line as much, right?

I do not doubt there are more open looks now only because the spacing is at another level right now compared to then. But there also wasn't game planned defenses like today

Yes, defense on shooters was better.. It's not really an argument, it's literally the difference in rules and how the game was officiated.. It's why teams like Golden State are so dominant now, because shooters win in today's league. Booker is a shooter. 

It's just a different game now. 

Why do we always have to discredit great accomplishments!?

I think we should just appreciate things like that 70 point game and don't try to compare it to other areas. Sure, the game has changed but that's also the beauty of it. 

• Like 1