NBA

Mitch.

5 minutes ago, Mitch. said:

So stoked I'm back to work today, and didn't have to watch that game.
Seems like a bit of a boring game from what I've read.  Yeah?

Either way, neither team is beating GSW or SA/MEM imo...

It wasn't boring just the worst display of basketball and everything wrong with the current NBA compiled into 4 minutes.  Flopping/flailing and being rewarded, hack a Shaq (on Roberson), 3 point rip through fouls, Mark Jackson commentating, horrible reffing, going for fouls instead of scores, low IQ basketball by both Westbrook and Harden our two premier players.  They even implemented a new segment to the broadcast where they interviewed a former referee on why they're right and everyone else is wrong.

It was just so incredibly ugly.

The league won't fix rule exploitation going on because it would hurt a lot of their 'top players'

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, MattSkibbasuxatguitar said:

It wasn't boring just the worst display of basketball and everything wrong with the current NBA compiled into 4 minutes.  Flopping/flailing and being rewarded, hack a Shaq (on Roberson), 3 point rip through fouls, Mark Jackson commentating, horrible reffing, going for fouls instead of scores, low IQ basketball by both Westbrook and Harden our two premier players.  They even implemented a new segment to the broadcast where they interviewed a former referee on why they're right and everyone else is wrong.

It was just so incredibly ugly.

The league won't fix rule exploitation going on because it would hurt a lot of their 'top players'

Apparently...

Anyway, by the sounds of things, I'm glad I am at work....

I love Jeff lol.  He is super trolly but keeps it real.  He calls out terrible calls too while the other commentators always try to defend the refs.

Mark Jackson is super annoying during Warriors games..always sounds so bitter he's such a baby imo.  Tonight he was going on about how bad we should all feel for Roberson, kept going on during every play in the 4th about how elite of a defender he is and how he's one of a kind defensive talent...it's like dude these are adults, they're professional athletes, we aren't going to sympathize that much with a dude getting paid millions because he is absolutely awful at free throws.  I can't understand how a wing can shoot 40% from the stripe, that's terrible, and no one should feel sorry for him..

I used to like Breen, I do like the bang call, but lately I've grown tired of him as well, he tries really hard to overhype every play, even if it's not appropriate, like Westbrook grabs a normal defensive rebound - "OHHH!!  WestBROOK!  Just skied for the rebound, thats his EIGHTH!  Oh man Westbrook just elevated on that rebound! My goodness!!"

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MattSkibbasuxatguitar said:

I love Jeff lol.  He is super trolly but keeps it real.  He calls out terrible calls too while the other commentators always try to defend the refs.

Mark Jackson is super annoying during Warriors games..always sounds so bitter he's such a baby imo.  Tonight he was going on about how bad we should all feel for Roberson, kept going on during every play in the 4th about how elite of a defender he is and how he's one of a kind defensive talent...it's like dude these are adults, they're professional athletes, we aren't going to sympathize that much with a dude getting paid millions because he is absolutely awful at free throws.  I can't understand how a wing can shoot 40% from the stripe, that's terrible, and no one should feel sorry for him..

I used to like Breen, I do like the bang call, but lately I've grown tired of him as well, he tries really hard to overhype every play, even if it's not appropriate, like Westbrook grabs a normal defensive rebound - "OHHH!!  WestBROOK!  Just skied for the rebound, thats his EIGHTH!  Oh man Westbrook just elevated on that rebound! My goodness!!"

Read that with his voice in my head

• Like 3

Thought I was the only one who hated Hubie. He'll take a really basic basketball play and make it seem way more complicated. If I have to hear "now keep your eye on _____" in that voice one more time...

And maybe it's just me but he always seems to gush over the refs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chrisx37 said:

Thought I was the only one who hated Hubie. He'll take a really basic basketball play and make it seem way more complicated. If I have to hear "now keep your eye on _____" in that voice one more time...

And maybe it's just me but he always seems to gush over the refs.

I'll never understand the Hubie love.

"Now you see here. What they did was lay it up in the reverse side of the hoop. What Doc did was paint up a reverse LAYUP play to perfection'

He's so annoying. Instant mute on him too.

• Like 1

NBA on NBC was way better. Such a shame that's gone. THAT was NBA to me. The whole presentation was what I feel is nba. NBA on TNT always feels like a WWE match.  ABC is fine but rarely any games.  ESPN has been downhill every year but okay. NBAtv can go fuck itself.

2 hours ago, OliverTrump said:

It's a cliche thing to say but Kerr really is a guy that nobody has ever had a bad word to say about, I really hope this isn't something he's dealing with for the rest of his life.

Not cliche at all, 110% true.  I love the guy, I wish Durant didn't go there so I could root for him more.  

I miss him doing broadcasting, he gave so many details and insights that would just blow your mind and help you to see the game like a coach/player. 

Plus, he punched MJ, haha. 

6 hours ago, OliverTrump said:

It's a cliche thing to say but Kerr really is a guy that nobody has ever had a bad word to say about, I really hope this isn't something he's dealing with for the rest of his life.

I enjoyed Kerr as a player and a commentator. As a coach, I think he's a total douche, especially when he has tantrums, including political ones about how much he hates Trump, which is unnecessary to me in sports.

Wish the best for his health though. Health issues are tough.

7 hours ago, MattSkibbasuxatguitar said:

I enjoyed Kerr as a player and a commentator. As a coach, I think he's a total douche, especially when he has tantrums, including political ones about how much he hates Trump, which is unnecessary to me in sports.

Wish the best for his health though. Health issues are tough.

Breaking : coach of predominantly black players doesn't like racist president 

Can't wait to see your conniption fit when whatever team wins the finals refuses their White House invitation.

• Like 1