NBA

Mitch.

2 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I like when athletes speak up regarding social or political issues.  Sports are basically a microcosm of society, and athletes are members of society, why not let them have a voice like the rest of us? 

There's a difference between voicing your opinion as another person and disrespecting the sport that pays you millions and that people pay to watch to NOT be shoved political opinions down your throat.  Not to mention the manipulative power any athlete or famous person has and how much they abuse it.

4 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Can one of you guys explain exactly what's going on with Kerr? 

Barkley just hinted he should think about retiring.

During back surgery the surgeon clipped a membrane surrounding the spinal cord causing spinal fluid to leak - this causes migraines and extreme nausea. If they realized they clipped it right away, they could have fixed it right then. By the time it was caught, the damage had been done.

As for why he got better to the point of being able to manage symptoms and coach a year and a half but now needs to sit out again, nobody knows.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Osgod said:

Crazy to think how easily something can go wrong with any surgery.

I'm pretty sure Kerr is able to get the best doctors and experts and still they make mistakes. Scary to think about that. 

Was just going to say. So fucked up considering how 'quality' of doctors Kerr would have had.  Scary shit.

Any type of severe surgery can always have some chance of complications.  No matter how good the doctors are.
I had a brain infection when I was 16 which required surgery and there were some slight complications also.  There's always a chance of things going wrong with major surgeries.

As to Barkley.  Fuck off.  Haha.

30 minutes ago, artofcompromise said:

Andre Roberson went 3-21 from the free throw line this series, or 14%. By going 1-4 (25%) in tonight's game, he actually raised his percentage from 11% going in to the game.

I don't care what he does on defense, that is absolutely pitiful and unacceptable for a wing. I have never seen free throw numbers that bad. Somewhere, Shaq and Deandre Jordan are feeling pretty good about themselves.

Yeah idk why Mark Jackson wanted us to feel bad for him?  He's a professional athlete, he should feel bad for us that we have to watch a guy shoot under 20% from the charity stripe..

anyway tough loss for Memphis, almost came back, but Spurs just could not miss from deep.  Man they're efficient.  Conley & Leonard are my two favorite players right now, just way too good.  I don't see Memphis winning this series anymore, but hey anything can happen.

I think it will go to 7 though.
Man, every shot of the Spurs was dropping in that 4th!  Memphis were so good on the offensive end as well, but just couldn't get a stop!
Been a great series to watch so far.

Anyone watching the Jazz/Clips game?  From what I've seen, it's been sloppy as fuck!