NBA

Mitch.

12 minutes ago, Blink 18Feldmann said:

Watching Celtics Cavs highlights...am I the only one seeing this?  Them just like not playing defense to allow LeBron to do all these cool moves like the one around the baseline? It wasn't even an attempt to stop it and he did this spin n the Celtics acted like he's just so good there's nothing you can do?  Compare that with the Jordan baseline spin and you have a defender aggressively hounding him he had to shake...

Looked scripted...and that scares me, because sometimes you get that vibe.  But at the same time it could be Celtics just giving up down 3-1 and 20 points...

That's my biggest problem with the NBA now no one really plays defense. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chewy030 said:

That's my biggest problem with the NBA now no one really plays defense. 

But they do sometimes...but then they have this big storyline of LeBron passing MJ and being on his way to another ring, and they have shit like Raptors saying 'man if we had LeBron on our team...we would have won' after a loss in the PLAYOFFS. Then you see shit like LeBron not being defended so he can do these spin moves against stilts.  Like everyone's in this awe. 

Just seems so scripted.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blink 18Feldmann said:

But they do sometimes...but then they have this big storyline of LeBron passing MJ and being on his way to another ring, and they have shit like Raptors saying 'man if we had LeBron on our team...we would have won' after a loss in the PLAYOFFS. Then you see shit like LeBron not being defended so he can do these spin moves against stilts.  Like everyone's in this awe. 

Just seems so scripted.

Exactly. I call the NBA as scripted as pro wrestling. The NBA and ESPN wanted this final ALL along. And the thing that pisses me off the most is the cavs coach last night saying "They counted us out all year" WHO the fuck were you watching? They've been sucking you and the warriors off all damn year. 

• Like 1

I don't necessarily think it's scripted but it's no secret it's been lebron's league for the last 7 years or so. I kinda anticipate him fading and the finals stop becoming lebron's team vs whoever is good in the west again.

I kind of would bet my left nut that Cavs win the finals again.  It just seems like there's too much Lebron love right now and they sort of went along with painting Durant as a villain to help with their Westbrook love.

I mean don't get me wrong, Durant is a total bitch and deserves to never win a ring on the Warriors coattails, but the NBA just always seems to pick favorites which is annoying as fuck.  Let the sport be the sport.

2 hours ago, Blink 18Feldmann said:

Just seems so scripted.

It's like the competitiveness they've had their whole life was just sucked away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blink 18Feldmann said:

I kind of would bet my left nut that Cavs win the finals again.  It just seems like there's too much Lebron love right now and they sort of went along with painting Durant as a villain to help with their Westbrook love.

I mean don't get me wrong, Durant is a total bitch and deserves to never win a ring on the Warriors coattails, but the NBA just always seems to pick favorites which is annoying as fuck.  Let the sport be the sport.

I could see that especially since if the Cavs win it'll be a whole "Oh we're going to get this match again next year" 

I will not be surprised at all if Cavs win it all.  It's what the NBA wants.  Just like last year.  They couldn't have "The King" lose another finals series again.

And it's looking like it's going to be the same again this year.  It's frustrating.  Lol.

4 hours ago, Blink 18Feldmann said:

Part of the problem with the playoffs is

also the schedule. I just went to see if G1 was on tomorrow and it doesn't start until June 1st!  Wtf!  This stretching over a months span takes away from it a lot.

Or like the Western conference final started before the east was even ready? Thought that was odd..

4 hours ago, Mitch. said:

I will not be surprised at all if Cavs win it all.  It's what the NBA wants.  Just like last year.  They couldn't have "The King" lose another finals series again.

And it's looking like it's going to be the same again this year.  It's frustrating.  Lol.

Yeah now I remember last year lol Draymond getting suspended for Game 5 was such a rig. And then Curry fouled out of Game 6, the first time in like 2 or 3 years. The NBA is almost as corrupt as boxing. Lebron is extremely lucky to not be 1-6 in the finals

• Like 2

I've been thinking. I don't want durant to win a championship ever especially with golden state. On the other hand if lebron wins it his cock riders all over the internet and the tv shows will lose their mind and they are already being blasphemous enough(with steven a's voice) to compare him and even say he's better than the greatest goat to ever exist. Imagine what happens if he wins. I think the finals will be entertaining but whatever the outcome, ether lebron being viewed by some stupid fans as the goat or durant feeling like he made it, will suck.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mitch. said:

Seriously?

Thought you were a "neutral" Warriors fan. The Warriors are the darlings of the league, even more than LBJ. 

3 hours ago, petros said:

I've been thinking. I don't want durant to win a championship ever especially with golden state. On the other hand if lebron wins it his cock riders all over the internet and the tv shows will lose their mind and they are already being blasphemous enough(with steven a's voice) to compare him and even say he's better than the greatest goat to ever exist. Imagine what happens if he wins. I think the finals will be entertaining but whatever the outcome, ether lebron being viewed by some stupid fans as the goat or durant feeling like he made it, will suck.

Yes it will suck regardless.  But I think I'd rather deal with the lame LBJ Goat talks then Durant, and the Warriors overall level of cockiness has even surpassed Lebron.  Lebron is still a immature douche, but he's chilled out a lot Imo, I still don't like him, but I like the Cavs as a whole a lot more than the Warriors.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Osgod said:

Seriously?

Thought you were a "neutral" Warriors fan. The Warriors are the darlings of the league, even more than LBJ. 

I'd have the same opinion if I was a fan of any other team.  Lebron will run this league until the day he retires. Has done so for the last 10 years really. 

I have mates who are diehard Cavs (Lebron) fans who are saying the exact same thing.  Lol. 

48 minutes ago, Mitch. said:

I'd have the same opinion if I was a fan of any other team.  Lebron will run this league until the day he retires. Has done so for the last 10 years really. 

I have mates who are diehard Cavs (Lebron) fans who are saying the exact same thing.  Lol. 

Yes except no team gets favorited more than Steph Curry (the number one player to market to kids of all time) and the Warriors... LeBron is the only one that gets favorited in the same way and it's not even close to anyone else.  I think it'd be different if you aren't a Warriors fan complaining

1 hour ago, Blink 18Feldmann said:

Yes except no team gets favorited more than Steph Curry (the number one player to market to kids of all time) and the Warriors... LeBron is the only one that gets favorited in the same way and it's not even close to anyone else.  I think it'd be different if you aren't a Warriors fan complaining

I'm not arguing the point that Steph doesn't get favoured. I'm making the point that Lebron gets favourited more than any player in history pretty much. Both players do. But LBJ more than any is all I am saying.  

4 hours ago, Mitch. said:

No one is a diehard Cavs fan they're Lebron fans. I'd have more respect if people would say "go Lebron" instead of "go cavs" causev3 years ago they were all "heat fans"

• Like 1