NBA

Mitch.

44 minutes ago, Osgod said:

If the Warriors stay healthy and together I don't see anybody challenging them in the foreseeable future.

LeBron only gets older and even another star joining him in Cleveland won't push them over the top.  

I think they have another year or two of dominance. Teams like Milwaukee, Philly, and Minnesota are on the rise. I'm also hoping NOP can do something to add to their Twin Towers. Not saying that the Bucks or 76ers are guarantees to dethrone Lebron in the East or Minnesota will overtake the Warriors, but they all should be legitimate contenders within the next few years if their young cores stay healthy and develop. 

Th

8 minutes ago, The1821975 said:

I think they have another year or two of dominance. Teams like Milwaukee, Philly, and Minnesota are on the rise. I'm also hoping NOP can do something to add to their Twin Towers. Not saying that the Bucks or 76ers are guarantees to dethrone Lebron in the East or Minnesota will overtake the Warriors, but they all should be legitimate contenders within the next few years if their young cores stay healthy and develop. 

All that will stop the Warriors is age, but they're so much better than the rest of the league they can handle their guys exiting their primes and still be the favorite. No team will have an emergence that can stop the Warriors short of 5 guys plotting to take significantly less money.

14 minutes ago, OliverTrump said:

Th

All that will stop the Warriors is age, but they're so much better than the rest of the league they can handle their guys exiting their primes and still be the favorite. No team will have an emergence that can stop the Warriors short of 5 guys plotting to take significantly less money.

It'll depend on how they replace the role players around their Big 4. Iggy and West are a lot older. Curry is almost 30. I think a team like the 76ers, especially if Biid stays healthy, can overtake the Warriors in a couple years. It'll be a matter of time too before another collection of superstars will team up to try to overtake them too. It always happens. I also don't think the Cavs are too far behind the Warriors either, despite the 3-0 deficit. I don't think they need another "Superstar" to contend with them. 

10 minutes ago, The1821975 said:

It'll depend on how they replace the role players around their Big 4. Iggy and West are a lot older. Curry is almost 30. I think a team like the 76ers, especially if Biid stays healthy, can overtake the Warriors in a couple years. It'll be a matter of time too before another collection of superstars will team up to try to overtake them too. It always happens. I also don't think the Cavs are too far behind the Warriors either, despite the 3-0 deficit. I don't think they need another "Superstar" to contend with them. 

They aren't going to have issues finding guys to come in and play for the vet minimum as long as they're rolling teams.

The 76ers won 40 fewer games than the Warriors this season. The process is cute, but there is literally no chance they can ever compete with the Warriors during this era of Warriors basketball.

Completely disagree on Cleveland. I think they're 3rd best team in the NBA (also behind the Spurs), Lebron is only getting older, and they have literally no money to get better.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OliverTrump said:

They aren't going to have issues finding guys to come in and play for the vet minimum as long as they're rolling teams.

The 76ers won 40 fewer games than the Warriors this season. The process is cute, but there is literally no chance they can ever compete with the Warriors during this era of Warriors basketball.

Completely disagree on Cleveland. I think they're 3rd best team in the NBA (also behind the Spurs), Lebron is only getting older, and they have literally no money to get better.

The 76ers played at 50 win pace with a healthy Embiid. On top of getting Simmons back, the 3rd pick this year, Two 1st round picks in '18, and the Kings pick in '19, along with nice pieces such as Covington, Holmes, and a bunch of cap space...I'm not saying they are dead set, going to overtake the Warriors in a couple years, but for the Warriors haters out there, they definitely are a glimmer of hope. Obviously, they are more potential than a given thing at the moment, but they are setting up to look great in a few years and I definitely think they will peak once Lebron is older and will match up well with GSW. 

Cleveland is a few of their role players actually hitting their shots from this series actually being a series. It's unfortunate. We will see how they retool in the offseason to compete with Golden State next year.

I'd love to see the Spurs somehow sign Chris Paul. 

3 hours ago, The1821975 said:

There are a lot of ifs for the Sixers and the other young teams. It takes so long to develop young players (look at Minnesota!) and injuries and stagnation are an issue as well.

I see the Warriors only get better over time. 

He's always shied away from the big moments.  So many times he's had the game in his hands, and differed.  Everything went right for the Cavs and they still couldn't pull it off. 
I also think some players could take pay cuts to stay with this team.  I mean really, why would you want to play for anyone else if you're already on this team? 
And it's not like they are short of money after endorsements and all that shit...
I also believe some of their younger players are going to keep getting better and better too, so that's always a bonus.

• Like 2

Lebron can be a defensive liability for long stretches like in games 1 and 2. His triple doubles are overrated when hes roaming around on D, guarding Livingston and fishing for worthless rebounds. 

I hope they get swept so bad. Lebron deserves it when we all know he's the GM and head coach and always gets whatever he wants. Maybe when the Warriors are blowing them out, Draymond can give him a good old kick in the balls for good measure! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mitch. said:

20FT attempts in the first quarter.  Are you fucking kidding me?!

I knew the Warriors fans will bring that up...most of them were totally fine and the right calls. Warriors have the wrong mindset in the first quarter and Cleveland is all in. 

9 minutes ago, Osgod said:

I knew the Warriors fans will bring that up...most of them were totally fine and the right calls. Warriors have the wrong mindset in the first quarter and Cleveland is all in. 

Most, yes.  But a lot were ticky tack calls to get them in the penalty early.

2 minutes ago, artofcompromise said:

The Cavs have only 3 more made FT's though.

This!

The Warriors fans should stop looking for excuses. Today in the first half the Cavs were outstanding and the Warriors were simply good. That's it.