NBA

Mitch.

12 hours ago, Mitch. said:

Celts easily got the better deal imo.

Idk man, I don't think so.  Celtics could've kept IT, added Hayward, plus gotten any of Boogie, PG, or Jimmy if the Nets pick was on the table and Ainge said no.  Now you give up IT, a solid starter, AND the pick for Kyrie?

I can see why both sides did it, but that's giving up a lot. 

• Like 2

Smart move by the Celtics.  No one wants to give a 5'9 guy 120+million dollars.  Not to mention he has broken hips, and relies on athleticism to score.   Irving+Brown+Hayward+Tatum+Horford is a hell of an offensive lineup.  Defense will be fucking awful but it's an instant upgrade. 

11 hours ago, Ghent's Brother said:

Idk man, I don't think so.  Celtics could've kept IT, added Hayward, plus gotten any of Boogie, PG, or Jimmy if the Nets pick was on the table and Ainge said no.  Now you give up IT, a solid starter, AND the pick for Kyrie?

I can see why both sides did it, but that's giving up a lot. 

Just my opinion bro.  Kyrie is younger, and I believe, so much better than IT. 
Look at the playoffs last season.  The Celts played so much better when IT was out.  Kyrie and Hayward will be amazing together I think...

• Like 1

Irving > IT but the Celtics got rid of their great defense during this offseason. I think they have up too much in this trade when you think about that It was known that Kyrie wants out and when you look at the return other franchises got for their star player lately (Cousins, Butler). 

• 2 weeks later...