NBA

Mitch.

2 hours ago, Nshesaid said:

Damn, you love your Kodi..  I still haven't caved in but I don't watch games on the TV much anyways, and just use a firestick or w.e for netflix shows/movies.  Going straight to reddit live streams on phone or laptop is just too reliable.

Reddit is good, I agree.
I just prefer being able to watch them on my TV instead pf my laptop/phone.   And also none of the popups..

1 hour ago, Nshesaid said:

"lol at the Zaza hate" when he intentionally tried to injure someone's leg, and plays dirty his whole career.  That's biased.

I agree that Russ is an out of control maniac half the time. It doesn't make what Zaza did there acceptable, but Russ definitely brings the potential for this all the time but ending up on the floor with his out of control antics.

I'm not a big Russ guy, I love his demeanor and will to bring it every night and be loyal to his franchise over taking an easy route...but I can't stand his style of play sometimes.  The chucking and 100mph to the rim every time actually isn't something I enjoy.   I like an explosive game, but more tactical and graceful.  Like a Kobe, Tmac, Vince Carter over a Westbrook, Drose, Griffin.

All of this!

Good news for Spurs fans!
Looks like Kawaii could be beack next month.
I have been really impressed with SA considering they haven't had him for most the year.  Sitting third in the West is amazing.
LMA, and their young guys have been great!  And it looks like Danny Green is starting to get his shot back too.

Honestly, soccer/football is the most painfully boring sport.  Bothers me that it's recognized as he world's most popular sport.  I get it has culture and history behind it, but the game itself is so yawn inducing.. use your hands ffs and stop kicking it around.

11 hours ago, Mitch. said:

*SOCCER
*Shit

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, Nshesaid said:

Honestly, soccer/football is the most painfully boring sport.  Bothers me that it's recognized as he world's most popular sport.  I get it has culture and history behind it, but the game itself is so yawn inducing.. use your hands ffs and stop kicking it around.

It bothers you? hate to say it mate, but it's not even close - also, you can make the same exact argument for American football being yawn inducing...over 3 hours, 100 commercials to see 11 minutes or so of the ball in play, I know what I'd find more boring.

11 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Any sport that the fans wear scarves is pretty EtHaN to me. 

Needs more stop/starts, oh and guns, def more guns too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I guess I meant to say it bothers me that it IS the world's most popular sport.  To me it's like hockey, it's pretty cool I guess but not much to learn.

I'm not a huge fan of American football, but it gets too much hate.. The fact you can run it or throw it, screen pass vs deep pass etc just makes it that much more interesting to me, there's a strategic playbook.  

6 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

I guess I meant to say it bothers me that it IS the world's most popular sport.  To me it's like hockey, it's pretty cool I guess but not much to learn.

I'm not a huge fan of American football, but it gets too much hate.. The fact you can run it or throw it, screen pass vs deep pass etc just makes it that much more interesting to me, there's a strategic playbook.  

An argument of lack of strategy/tactics in football tells me that you definitely haven't watched enough to understand or pass real judgement on it. There is so much to learn and the game evolves constantly - teams that don't evolve get left behind, tactics and strategy play a hugeeee part. 

I've watched more NFL recently and I've got into it a bit more - RedZone is an amazing piece of sports television  - so well done.

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

An argument of lack of strategy/tactics in football tells me that you definitely haven't watched enough to understand or pass real judgement on it. There is so much to learn and the game evolves constantly - teams that don't evolve get left behind, tactics and strategy play a hugeeee part. 

I've watched more NFL recently and I've got into it a bit more - RedZone is an amazing piece of sports television  - so well done.

I don't disagree with you on that.  Just boring to me, is all.

6 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

RedZone is definitely the shit.

I meant like a literal drawn play has to be called every down in football is interesting to me... Obviously there's always strategy in every sport. Hopefully i get into it one day tbh

With the regular season drawing to a close, I still can't believe the refs are fucking up on so many plays.

Just for intance over the weekend;
KD takes about 5 fucking steps before dribbling the ball.  No-call.
Horford is on the ground yesterday, calls a timeout. No-call.  Leads to a Houston bucket, and basically put the game awau.
Harden hooks Brown's arm, pushes him off, Brown gets called for the foul when it should have been offensive.

That's just to name a few. 
I really don't understand, how afer 60 odd games, there can still be so many fuckups?!  As a fan of basketball in general, (not just the Dubs), it is so fucking annoying to see.

• 1 month later...