NBA

Mitch.

On 6/11/2018 at 11:32 PM, Vera said:

I see it in terms of drafting, but who's Bill and who's Brady?  Durant would be their Gronk pick up, but only an okay comparison.  LeBron is definitely Manning or Rodgers.

Well its mostly their approach to the game (and drafting like you said). For them its not about stats, its about winning, playing smart, and finishing strong at the end of games.  

Lebron and Manning kind have that thing going on where they are considered the best player but always fall short in the end. Id love to see Lebron go to the Lakers with a few other stars and then lose again and again. 

Just now, Vera said:

Well yeah.. That shouldn't be hard when you stack a team to their degree. Meh, boring.

Game 1 of the finals wasn't boring at all - that might've been one of the best finals games I've seen. Also, the Rockets / Warriors series went 7 games and was fantastic. Not sure how you call that boring.

3 hours ago, horchata said:

I disagree. The rockets are a great team - thats why it was close.

Wasn't really that close until Iggy went down though.
Harden will always choke too..

There's all talk of Lebron going to Houston.  I don't see it happening at all though.  There is no way Rockets could make all those moves without gutting nearly the whole team...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure..NBA is so fucked at this point in terms of loyalty, team hopping, stacking, etc, so I almost hope they do just to add more flavor to next year.  LeBron in Cleveland is just getting old, he's a bit overrated, but damn does that front office slack at getting him surrounded for all his years there....granted he is basically the gm.

On that note, LeBron totally deserved MVP over Harden.

Mitchell totally deserved MVP over Simmons