NBA

Mitch.

Yo Jar Jar...  Legit question man.
Now that OKC has become the first team to excess $300 million in salary, and luxury tax, are you happy with the team you have?  Not trying to be a dick or anything, but I still don't see them being up there.  Yeah keeping PG is huge, but Melo still?!  How do you think they will go bro?

10 hours ago, Mitch. said:

Yo Jar Jar...  Legit question man.
Now that OKC has become the first team to excess $300 million in salary, and luxury tax, are you happy with the team you have?  Not trying to be a dick or anything, but I still don't see them being up there.  Yeah keeping PG is huge, but Melo still?!  How do you think they will go bro?

The roster isn't going to stay at $300 million like OKC haters Bill Simmons/Cowherd etc would have everyone believe.  If they waive Singler and stretch Melo's contract they instantly save $120 million; Melo ain't coming back, I'd bet my life on it.  PG has stopped mentioning him completely and he wasn't invited to Russ' party celebrating the extension for Paul. 

Also, they have a gigantic ownership base (it isn't just Clay Bennett; one guy I forget what his name is is worth over $12 BILLION dollars) who was PLANNING on spending well into the luxury tax to keep Westbrook/Durant in their prime.  Durant obviously changed that plan so they are spending money to give Russ the best chance he has at winning.  Russ and Durant took cheaper deals as directed by the front office for years in order to keep Harden and build capital for NOW; Harden forced a trade because OKC asked him to take $5 million less.  

They aren't done with the roster and I fully expect another big move to happen this summer or next.  A lot of people tapped into the organization think there is something coming (involving someone like Kevin Love) that they discussed with PG in order to make him feel so secure about extending and not even grant the Lakers a meeting. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

The roster isn't going to stay at $300 million like OKC haters Bill Simmons/Cowherd etc would have everyone believe.  If they waive Singler and stretch Melo's contract they instantly save $120 million; Melo ain't coming back, I'd bet my life on it.  PG has stopped mentioning him completely and he wasn't invited to Russ' party celebrating the extension for Paul. 

Also, they have a gigantic ownership base (it isn't just Clay Bennett; one guy I forget what his name is is worth over $12 BILLION dollars) who was PLANNING on spending well into the luxury tax to keep Westbrook/Durant in their prime.  Durant obviously changed that plan so they are spending money to give Russ the best chance he has at winning.  Russ and Durant took cheaper deals as directed by the front office for years in order to keep Harden and build capital for NOW; Harden forced a trade because OKC asked him to take $5 million less.  

They aren't done with the roster and I fully expect another big move to happen this summer or next.  A lot of people tapped into the organization think there is something coming (involving someone like Kevin Love) that they discussed with PG in order to make him feel so secure about extending and not even grant the Lakers a meeting. 

I knew you'd have more insight into than most people would know.  Haha.
Yeah, I was just curious what you thought about it all man.
Who do you think they will go after?  Do you think they will make more changes this year?  K-Love for example?  I'm sure he doesn't want to stick around a now, re-bulding, Cavs team!

12 hours ago, Mitch. said:

I knew you'd have more insight into than most people would know.  Haha.
Yeah, I was just curious what you thought about it all man.
Who do you think they will go after?  Do you think they will make more changes this year?  K-Love for example?  I'm sure he doesn't want to stick around a now, re-bulding, Cavs team!

I think Love is the top priority but I have no idea how realistic that thought is.  I know Westbrook loves him since they were roommates in college at UCLA. I'd expect them to try to pick up some shooting in the immediate future.  I think people are underestimating them a lot, based on last year but people don't realize how much of a drain Melo was on offense and defense.  They wanted Al Horford a couple years ago, and I think are looking for a PF that can stretch the floor and hit 3's. 

They had the best record in the league during the stretch when Roberson was healthy and in the lineup, with top 10 Defense/Offense.  I honestly think the Rockets are going to take a huge step back.  Losing Ariza is going to fuck them up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kvothe said:

They're making a documentary on Bryant "Big Country" Reeves! This is so ridiculous and peculiar, I'm excited to check it out.

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/2018/07/04/bryant-big-country-reeves-grizzlies-documentary/

haha dude that guy played for Oklahoma St. in college. remembered hating him with a passion. Forgot he even had an NBA career

• Like 1

Annnnnnddddd there it is, Melo gone, now the headlines say it will instantly save the Thunder $100 million.  

Glad the media got their clicks during the week by publishing anti-Thunder nonsense about how they were gonna pay a giant tax bill. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Annnnnnddddd there it is, Melo gone, now the headlines say it will instantly save the Thunder $100 million.  

Glad the media got their clicks during the week by publishing anti-Thunder nonsense about how they were gonna pay a giant tax bill. 

There is this narrative that KD is going to leave. ESPN has been running with it since. No mention that the deal he just signed maximizes the money he can make by opting out and re-signing next season. 

Stephen A with the asinine opinion that the Lakers will sign Phil Jackson. Then ESPN spends the rest of their day talking about this stupid Stephen A opinion. 

Its all fake content 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LeeannTweedenUSMC said:

There is this narrative that KD is going to leave. ESPN has been running with it since. No mention that the deal he just signed maximizes the money he can make by opting out and re-signing next season. 

Stephen A with the asinine opinion that the Lakers will sign Phil Jackson. Then ESPN spends the rest of their day talking about this stupid Stephen A opinion. 

Its all fake content 

I heard the Phil Jackson shit last night and almost cried with laughter.  They REALLLLY want Kyrie to leave Boston and REALLLY want Durant to go to New York.  

• Like 1

There was a TMZ video during KD’s first free agency where he was asked about Playing for the Knicks and super blunt he responds “never” 

mans the franchise somehow has only gotten uglier since. I’m sure he’s dying to go there now. 

Anyone think the loss of Ariza and M'bmota (however the fuck you spell it?!) are going to be a HUGE loss for Houston?
Personally, I think they paid way too much for CP3, and they're fucked from signing Anderson to such a ludicrous contract a couple years ago.

3 hours ago, Mitch. said:

Anyone think the loss of Ariza and M'bmota (however the fuck you spell it?!) are going to be a HUGE loss for Houston?
Personally, I think they paid way too much for CP3, and they're fucked from signing Anderson to such a ludicrous contract a couple years ago.

They lost their two best defenders and now are looking to sign Melo who plays no defense. This is a huge step back for them while a couple of teams in the west actually got better.