NBA

Mitch.

1 hour ago, Dylan_ said:

Raptors just traded away their most loyal player ever for a one year rental who says he will bail to LA next season.

It's also really shitty that they told him last week he wouldn't be traded.

They traded their most loyal player, but it's also an established fact that he's a mental weakling when it comes to the playoffs. Constantly choking, sometimes does baffling things on offense, is only average on defense. Glad to see him go!!!!! Also better to bite the bullet than have a Chris Bosh type deal (leaving for nothing at all) or a Vince Carter type situation (totally screwing the raps over).

• Like 1

And so the Kawhi drama comes to an end. It was so annoying last season seeing Kawhi ruled out before each individual game because it made it seem like he was coming back. And I defended him whenever reports talked about friction, but after all that I've heard from his uncle and how Kawhi lets him control him, good riddance. I'm just sad we lost Danny Green too. :(

I guess it makes sense for Toronto. Gives them a year to try to make the Finals, and if somehow Ujiri works his magic, this can last longer. And if Kawhi bolts (he will), he can rebuild.

Not sure about the Spurs, but if you can get an All-Star for a 1-year rental, you have to do it. Even if I can't see the team contending for a title, I'm excited to see the DeRozan-led Spurs and what they can do!

On 7/18/2018 at 3:35 PM, Dylan_ said:

Raptors just traded away their most loyal player ever for a one year rental who says he will bail to LA next season.

It's also really shitty that they told him last week he wouldn't be traded.

Yeahh this is pretty fucked up. I think he even took a pay cut to give the Raps flexibility with free agents.

On 7/18/2018 at 4:28 PM, ltjdude said:

They traded their most loyal player, but it's also an established fact that he's a mental weakling when it comes to the playoffs. Constantly choking, sometimes does baffling things on offense, is only average on defense. Glad to see him go!!!!! Also better to bite the bullet than have a Chris Bosh type deal (leaving for nothing at all) or a Vince Carter type situation (totally screwing the raps over).

This is exactly how I feel.  Don't really feel sorry for him, maybe try not to get swept when daddy Bron Bron is around and I'll feel bad.  

You were the #1 seed and couldn't manage ONE win at home against a terrible Cavs roster?  He should be happy he's a Spur honestly. 

• Like 1

It's more the fact that the front office told him he wouldn't be traded. That's a really shitty move on their part.

Derozan could really shine under Pop though and it could be good for him. But that dude loved Toronto and the fans.

• Like 1

Is it just me, or does anyone think that Lakers (other than Lebron), have got any better?
Serious question.   I'm not sure some of their gets are THAT amazing.  Just my opinion...

To me it seems like the Lakers are just trying to get ready for the season after this one. They're bringing in a bunch of guys on 1-year deals. Then next summer they can sign a max free agent (Kawhi) and make a run with a more well-rested than usual Bron.

The Lakers are signing guys who can handle the ball because LeBron is at the point in his career where he wants to play off the ball.

Rondo, Ingram, Ball, Stephenson are all guys who can run the offense and give LeBron a rest.

I don't see them as a top team in the west but they are obviously a lot better than last season. I see them finishing between 4-6 seed.

56 minutes ago, Viva La Vera said:

LeBron off ball sounds like the worst plan ever.  

Not really.

He's been wanting to play that way for a while now but he even said the Cavs had no play makers.

He also played off the ball quite a bit when he was in Miami.