NBA

Mitch.

20 minutes ago, OliversAPilotNow said:

And it led to a basket at a crucial point in the game  

legit the worst call I’ve ever seen 

That's pretty funny.  Don't you have to be established in bounds first ontop of all that?  NBA can be a joke at times with the reffing, but can't say it's not enjoyable when it happens to your least favorite teams/players

Just now, NJansaid said:

That's pretty funny.  Don't you have to be established in bounds first ontop of all that?  NBA can be a joke at times with the reffing, but can't say it's not enjoyable when it happens to your least favorite teams/players

Yes. So it wasn’t just that he was out of bounds when he threw it back in. He ran like 20 feet and took 3 steps out of bounds and they missed all of it. 

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, OliversAPilotNow said:

Appreciate what you’re watching because you’ll never see talent like this again 

I do enjoy it just because it's so beyond ridiculous of a team and you'll possibly never see anything more stacked I just think the league is a joke largely because of it.

Luckily I have the Bucks to keep me into the league as a dark horse team

10 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I miss the days when the huge debate was which guy to keep-Ellis or Curry lol.  

The first media session after Steph was drafted they asked Monta about playing with Curry and Monta said it wouldn’t work. Stephen Jackson asked to be traded that same day. 

What a time 

Bonus Monta memory - He once said that other than a few championships he and Wade are basically the same. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OliversAPilotNow said:

The first media session after Steph was drafted they asked Monta about playing with Curry and Monta said it wouldn’t work. Stephen Jackson asked to be traded that same day. 

What a time 

haha amazing.  That's where ownership matters so much, not giving into the stupid media yelling about where players should go.  

The entire NBA world makes fun of the Thunder for trading Harden, instead of giving him a huge contract that at the time he didn't really deserve.  Now the guy is incredible, but he has collapsed over and over again and has never been able to lead his team anywhere meaningful.  

If the Thunder sign Harden, they couldn't afford Westbrook, Adams, Grant, and PG.  They may have had a few more years of success, but it eventually would have crumbled and they would have been a bottom feeder instantly, and probably would have been forced to trade Russ for scraps.  Instead they have been a contender for a decade (obviously not elite yet though.) 

translation- Bill Simmons and Zach Lowe are fucking idiots and I hate how much sway they have in influencing opinions. TLDR.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

haha amazing.  That's where ownership matters so much, not giving into the stupid media yelling about where players should go.  

The entire NBA world makes fun of the Thunder for trading Harden, instead of giving him a huge contract that at the time he didn't really deserve.  Now the guy is incredible, but he has collapsed over and over again and has never been able to lead his team anywhere meaningful.  

If the Thunder sign Harden, they couldn't afford Westbrook, Adams, Grant, and PG.  They may have had a few more years of success, but it eventually would have crumbled and they would have been a bottom feeder instantly, and probably would have been forced to trade Russ for scraps.  Instead they have been a contender for a decade (obviously not elite yet though.) 

translation- Bill Simmons and Zach Lowe are fucking idiots and I hate how much sway they have in influencing opinions. TLDR.

What has changed in ownership’s stance on not going into the luxury tax 5 years ago for Harden to now willing to have the highest payroll in the league?

3 minutes ago, OliversAPilotNow said:

What has changed in ownership’s stance on not going into the luxury tax 5 years ago for Harden to now willing to have the highest payroll in the league?

The Thunder owners have always had a plan to pay Westbrook/Durant the max this year, whether that meant going over the cap or not.  They never saw Harden as a pillar of the franchise.  They planned from the beginning to pay any luxury taxes to sustain a winner. The timing in the end didn't really match up. 

He was tired of being the sixth man, and wanted his own team and the Thunder weren't going to give it to him.  

9 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

The Thunder owners have always had a plan to pay Westbrook/Durant the max this year, whether that meant going over the cap or not.  They never saw Harden as a pillar of the franchise.  They planned from the beginning to pay any luxury taxes to sustain a winner. The timing in the end didn't really match up. 

He was tired of being the sixth man, and wanted his own team and the Thunder weren't going to give it to him.  

Harden is never going to win a title so at least there’s that 

• Like 2

Hindsight.  No one knew the league was going to allow Harden take 5 steps and 30 free throws a game off flops and get away with it.  I never thought he was that media friendly enough for the league to favor him so much.

Thunder are fine, Westbrook is ridiculous and overrated but he sells tickets and is easy to root for if on your team.

Monta Ellis was also amazing in a way... He had no bball iq but was as talented as anybody and sometimes it'd work sometimes was a disaster.

Monta was good in Dallas actually, forgot what happened there but he played well in that system.