Paramore

Ghost

• 2 months later...

"...Because she wanted to foster a feeling of camaraderie within the band, at her direction, the band members’ salaries included a portion of Williams’ earnings"

Yeah. Throwing me a bone by letting me have part of what you're personally earning for an entire band's success due to a calculated move to only cover yourself with a major record label would definitely give me warm fuzzies.

I mean, with Davis, I don't really know much about his role there, but I felt bad for the Farro brothers for sure, considering Josh's role in writing some of their biggest singles. She seems like a shitty person to do business with and I wouldn't be surprised if this were another case of diminishing the value of everyone who isn't her.

• Like 1

I can get behind the idea she wanted a real "band" and whatnot, but there's just so much bullshit to smell for me not to think this "band" is what it is; Haley and some guys that are paid to play and also knew in high school. Like cool for her, it's a way more interesting act, but if they contribute one note of music I think they should be signed or given royalties or whathaveyou. They should be included just as much as she is. I think she tried to help them, but that's a fucking shitty deal if you ask me. She's not James Mercer or Trent Reznor.

• Like 1

Josh Farro co-wrote like, half of their singles, including Misery Business, The Only Exception, That's What You Get, crushcrushcrush, Emergency, Decode, Hallelujah...

I mean, at least he makes royalties, but he got shit on throughout his time in the band.

• Like 1

I honestly think it's the labels fault and HW just had to deal with Atlantic not signing them (she could of easily gotten the Avril Lavigne treatment and had a fake band built around her, which is kind of what happened?). Seems stupid though considering she was taking pay cuts for them it seems, and the label wouldn't budge. I feel like she had good intentions, but at what point could she not have helped get a re-negotiation going?

• Like 1

Messy business. Sad that one day you're childhood friends with a dream and 10 years later you're trying to sue the shit out of each other. Money man. The root of all evil. Don't really think it's Hayley's fault though. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I actually quite like the song and for the most part I hate Paramore, but to me it sounds like an 80s version of a Sia song. even the little riffy bit at the end sounds like her track 'You've Changed'.