AVA 10 Year Anniversary 2016

Cheerios4u98

I can't see him touring it. maybe a one off show or something, probably some bullshit remastered vinyl with his signature on it, sprinkled with his hair and flecks of his semen or something. 

• Like 1

10th anniversary things are stupid most of time anyway even with decent bands, I can't imagine how horrible it would be with Tom at the helm. Also AVA was announced in September of 2005 so techincally this should have been the 10 year anniversary.

Hello everybody, this is a first for me, but I couldn't wait any longer. I have a new band called "Angels and Airwaves" and it is the most amazing music I have ever made by a long shot. You all must know, I didn't want Blink to go on hiatus, but it had to....you all will learn why...soon, but I swear to god, I am two songs from finishing the best fucking album anybody has heard in 20 years. In the next couple of weeks, you will all hear about the new band as well as the movie that is being made to tell the story of the album. But no matter what is said, or talked about, no matter what rumors are started, this is the best music made in decades....It is so much more powerful, emotional and melodic than Box Car and Blink put together, that I am currently shitting my pants, and your pants as well....until you hear more, all I can say is hold on, and prepare- Tom "I love my fans, and I promise I will not let you down, the music that we all grew to charish that was made, not only will continue, but it will be much, much better...."

http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=85700

Couple of awesome but at the same time sad posts from that thread:

Tom wouldn't really say that he is making the best album in the last 20 years, he has more common sense and music respect than to say something like that.

Well we all thought that that guy from No Use was a fake too...but look how that turned out....

But this guy sounds too cocky....

This is bullshit hype for someone's band.

Tom would've released a better anouncement than on this website

So, is this a Papa Roach cover band?

No one thought it was real, if they only knew what what was to come...

http://www.mtv.com/news/1510812/tom-delonge-breaking-silence-on-blink-with-autobiographical-lp-movie/

Tom DeLonge wants you to know that his new band, Angels & Airwaves, will probably change the way you listen to rock and roll, will more than likely alter your life and will most definitely be the most famous band in the world. You’ve just got to give him some time.

“Right now, I’m a song and a half from finishing the greatest album of my career, and I swear it’s going to be something that will compete with the greatest rock records of all time,” he enthused. “Within two years, we’ll be the biggest rock act in the world. There’s never been a rock band from America that sounds like us. And I hope that what I just said raises more than a few eyebrows.”

“Like I said, there’s never been a band from America that sounded like this. Pink Floyd, the Cure, the Police, U2, Coldplay — they all come from Europe — and this band, it has the conceptual depth of Pink Floyd, it has the anthemic architecture of U2 but it has the energy and youthful vibrancy of Blink. I’m freaking out,” he laughed. “And I’m not saying this lightly. Every single person who’s heard the music understands. If I ever had the chance in my life to do something on a whole different level from anything I’ve ever done before, this is it.”

“It’s cinematic and massive. All the songs have dramatic crescendos and huge stadium choruses,” he said. “If you slam the Cure, Pink Floyd, U2 and the Police into one band with me singing, that’s kind of what it will sound like. It’s everything you like about those little bands, but also with parts of Blink in there too.”

And right about the time the Angels & Airwaves album hits stores, you can look for the accompanying movie to drop as well (DeLonge wouldn’t answer if the film will play in theatres or will just be released to DVD). And it should come as no surprise that the film shares the album’s rather, um, grand ambitions.

“Since [Pink Floyd’s] The Wall, this has never been done. A third of the movie is CGI, a third of the movie is a documentary and a third of it is a love story. And it basically tells the story of the breakup of one of the biggest bands in the world and the creation of the world’s greatest rock band,” DeLonge said. “It’s a documentary about the past year of my life. But the whole thing is done with metaphors and analogies of World War II. Because World War II was good versus evil, the grand sense of purpose, and seeing as though I started this new part of my life specifically for my family, I felt that it would be an appropriate reference point rather than using modern images.”

What a fucking Lunatick he turned out to be.

• Like 4

Ten years of utter failure and burning through of all the cash he had made in the preceding ten-year period. Nice going Tom!

I'd love for "them" to tour only because of the infinite entertainment value his stage antics would provide. No better way to celebrate those ten miserable years than playing for "crowds" of a few dozen fans.

Edit: Oh, and I'd love it if Mark chipped in too by releasing the new blink album on the anniversary of WDNTW.

• Like 2

Now that I think about his synposis for the movie sort of sounds like something Tenacious D would say, "The formation of the biggest rock band in the world" is essentially The Pick Of Destiny only they were obviously joking about being the biggest and best band in the world.

• Like 2

i doubt he has any specific plans. he seems to just post anything to gloat about on his instagram. that said, if there is something in the works, i'm sure like kay said it's "remastered" vinyl or something. they'd never tour. i doubt any of that original band wants to be around tom and it wouldn't make enough money.

• Like 1

I maintain this is the worst AVA music video. I've said it loads, but it's not as obviously ridiculous as most of the arm flailing of the WDNTW age, or the pretentious dubious nature of basically any other ava video, but the camera-eye-fucking is the creepiest damn thing ever and it makes me giggle nervously every time I see it. that coupled with the lyrics of the chorus just make this so bad it's good. 

1 hour ago, GrimCityGirl said:

I maintain this is the worst AVA music video. I've said it loads, but it's not as obviously ridiculous as most of the arm flailing of the WDNTW age, or the pretentious dubious nature of basically any other ava video, but the camera-eye-fucking is the creepiest damn thing ever and it makes me giggle nervously every time I see it. that coupled with the lyrics of the chorus just make this so bad it's good. 

Also the worst AVA song ever written. It's like, did I fuckin 5 year old write this shit?

I don't know - I know AVA never lived up to what it was 'supposed' to be - but I still remember how hyped I was for the band after hearing Tom talk about it. I bought into a lot of the hype, and looking back, it was still a pretty fun ride. I remember patiently waiting for Star of Bethlehem to be released and repeatedly refreshing my browser on the AVA myspace page at midnight on my parents computer. The song was such a disappointment! But I think I was so bought into the hype I still played it on a loop for a couple of weeks haha..

Ah I miss getting that excited for records. Tom really was a great salesman. 

Yeah, it kinda was like that. When Tom started to hype it, we all were caught. He never wasbefore like we know is now. I mean, we could be able to believe what he was telling. All the images, the concept, everyting. But then, a few months after that, AvA started failing. Specially when broken promises and broken plans started to happen. I think the real demise started with I-Empire, the obscure Ryan Sinn departure, the two-times delayed movie, that project with NASA he announced and whatnot. It all kinda became blurred.

You said it: Tom was a great salesman. The problem, as I said several times, is that he was selling smoke. An unfinished and not concrete thing.

7 hours ago, Ghost said:

Yeah, it kinda was like that. When Tom started to hype it, we all were caught. He never wasbefore like we know is now. I mean, we could be able to believe what he was telling. All the images, the concept, everyting. But then, a few months after that, AvA started failing. Specially when broken promises and broken plans started to happen. I think the real demise started with I-Empire, the obscure Ryan Sinn departure, the two-times delayed movie, that project with NASA he announced and whatnot. It all kinda became blurred.

You said it: Tom was a great salesman. The problem, as I said several times, is that he was selling smoke. An unfinished and not concrete thing.

Not everyone. quite a lot of people were raising eyebrows from the beginning and didn't love AVA. myself being one of them. I never bought into it - don't even know why, I just instantly thought it was all a bit silly and when Tom started doing crazy pretentious interviews he just lost it entirely with me and its been that way ever since.

• Like 1