MBlink182

Dude Ranch Amp Settings?

6 posts in this topic

What settings would I use to get the same guitar tone as heard in Dude Ranch (particularly Dammit, Josie and Untitled)?

Get a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier, 4x12 Mesa Boogie Cabinet and a Gibson Les Paul.

Use Channel 2, set it to Modern, Gain around 11-12 o'clock, Bass around 10, Middle around 2-3, Treble around 1-2, Presence also around 1-2.

There you go, anything else is just a compromise.

If you are using a virtual effects box, I recommend the following:

Set the EQ in your effects box so that the MID is all the way up, and i'd set the TREBLE and BASS to be a lot lower

Use a compressor (this will allow the palm mute to become loud)

Use gain and distortion (this will give you that dirty kind of sound)

On your amplifier as well, you should also turn the MID nob all the way up, and set the TREBLE and BASS to about 25%

One reason that Dude Ranch sounds the way that it does is the quality.  The guitar is similar to that of Enema, with a few differences of course

Hey everyone, I'm new here. As far as I know, Tom used a Marshall JCM 900 Hi Gain Dual Reverb with his modified and stickered Fender Stratocaster with the following EQ settings:

Bass: 10

Mids: 0

Treble: 10

Reverb: 0

I also think the pickup he used in his Strat at the time, in this case the DiMarzio X2N, may be a key player because that pickup is designed to be used in a crushing hi gain setting. If you have any more questions, ask away!