MBlink182

Dude Ranch Amp Settings?

theHELL182    104

Get a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier, 4x12 Mesa Boogie Cabinet and a Gibson Les Paul.

Use Channel 2, set it to Modern, Gain around 11-12 o'clock, Bass around 10, Middle around 2-3, Treble around 1-2, Presence also around 1-2.

There you go, anything else is just a compromise.

Clarke    1365

If you are using a virtual effects box, I recommend the following:

Set the EQ in your effects box so that the MID is all the way up, and i'd set the TREBLE and BASS to be a lot lower

Use a compressor (this will allow the palm mute to become loud)

Use gain and distortion (this will give you that dirty kind of sound)

On your amplifier as well, you should also turn the MID nob all the way up, and set the TREBLE and BASS to about 25%

One reason that Dude Ranch sounds the way that it does is the quality.  The guitar is similar to that of Enema, with a few differences of course

Q182    125

As far as I know, its a Strat with a DiMarzio X2N in it into a Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier. Bass, treble, and gain up to 10, no mids. 

daveyjones    1414
On 2/12/2016 at 3:28 AM, theHELL182 said:

Get a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier, 4x12 Mesa Boogie Cabinet and a Gibson Les Paul.

yea, if you want the live sound from late 97 on.
in terms of the actual recording (and live sound 95–97), MIM strat into ampeg VL1002 and marshall cab.

• Like 1

Q182    125
3 hours ago, daveyjones said:

yea, if you want the live sound from late 97 on.
in terms of the actual recording (and live sound 95–97), MIM strat into ampeg VL1002 and marshall cab.

I recommend getting one of these if you want the sound from the '97 Warped Tour videos:

mesa-boogie-dual-rectifier-rackmount-207

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Rackmount. A lot of SoCal punk bands besides blink used these, such as Strung Out and No Use For A Name to name a few.

• Like 2