Star Wars Episode VIII The Last Jedi News, Rumors, Trailers, SPOILER WARNING

Chewy030

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

Yeah, but that's......Thor

Sure, but what I'm saying is that whoever is in charge of all these Star Wars teasers and trailers has a very clear style that hasn't changed much.  Show lots of Star Wars imagery, have a profound quote or something stated over the imagery that may or may not even be in the film, and let the hype sell the movie.  And sure it works, but I like to at least have a general idea of what the movie is about before going in to see if I'm actually interested in the story in question.  I had no real idea of what The Force Awakens was going in to that movie, and I only had a vague idea of what Rogue One was based on what they were saying in interviews and the like, in both cases, the trailers were never really trying to sell you on the individual movies (not to mention the fact that a lot of what was in the Rogue One trailers didn't make it into the film), they were instead just trying to sell you on Star Wars.  Thing is though, I'm already sold on Star Wars, you don't have to keep reminding me of what Star Wars is with each teaser and trailer, just a basic idea of what the movie is about would be great.  Knowing that Jurassic Park was a movie where scientists cloned dinosaurs back to life before seeing that movie for the first time did not ruin the movie in any way, and was in fact the reason why a young me was so stoked to see such a movie in the first place.  So its not like giving basic plot outlines will spoil the actual film if they present it properly, of course that can be fucked up as we saw in that Batman V. Superman trailer.

7 hours ago, M!ke said:

Neither is the Thor teaser that just came out that I was just talking about, yet as I said that revealed enough to get a good idea of what's up in that film.

hasnt the world established that any minor plot point spoiler about star wars is herecy. Thor 1/2 are the shitting stones of the Marvel universe (i enjoyed the first though) of course they need to come out swinging...but we already know the following. The bad guy (girl) the plot of being captured and having to fight in the gladatorial ring. meeting hulk...assuming we find out why the hulk is there and im done with 70% of the movie.

6 hours ago, M!ke said:

Sure, but what I'm saying is that whoever is in charge of all these Star Wars teasers and trailers has a very clear style that hasn't changed much.  Show lots of Star Wars imagery, have a profound quote or something stated over the imagery that may or may not even be in the film, and let the hype sell the movie.  And sure it works, but I like to at least have a general idea of what the movie is about before going in to see if I'm actually interested in the story in question.  I had no real idea of what The Force Awakens was going in to that movie, and I only had a vague idea of what Rogue One was based on what they were saying in interviews and the like, in both cases, the trailers were never really trying to sell you on the individual movies (not to mention the fact that a lot of what was in the Rogue One trailers didn't make it into the film), they were instead just trying to sell you on Star Wars.  Thing is though, I'm already sold on Star Wars, you don't have to keep reminding me of what Star Wars is with each teaser and trailer, just a basic idea of what the movie is about would be great.  Knowing that Jurassic Park was a movie where scientists cloned dinosaurs back to life before seeing that movie for the first time did not ruin the movie in any way, and was in fact the reason why a young me was so stoked to see such a movie in the first place.  So its not like giving basic plot outlines will spoil the actual film if they present it properly, of course that can be fucked up as we saw in that Batman V. Superman trailer.

classic mike post. way too long and im not reading.  Trailer looks good, seemed to have more of a dark feel to it.

• Like 2

Hated Force Awakens (basically the Cali of star wars films) but I did like this trailer. Luke's legacy still gives me chills and I wanna see how it ends for him.  Couldn't care less about pre teen tantrum bad guy but the space wars look good nonetheless too.

Kylo Ren comes off as either the emo in 2005 with the hoodie up hair over face or a kid in a Sith Lord Halloween costume trying to look cool trick or treating. Total turd of a character honestly worse than Hayden Christiansen in episode 2.

56 minutes ago, knapton said:

classic mike post. way too long and im not reading.  Trailer looks good, seemed to have more of a dark feel to it.

Mike needs to learn to break up his paragraphs. A big wall of text is a major headache to look at (and read).

I like Kylo Ren. The angry, temper-tantrum villain isn't one you see often and I feel like he does it well. I want more Jedi stuff and how Luke failed to train the next generation. I'm a sucker for mystical stuff.

I don't know how people can hate Anakin and love Kylo Ren when they're basically the exact same whiny character with the same haircut.

I like both of 'em!

Skywalker men are all whiny babies. That's just how it has to be. Leia is the only true badass in the Skywalker family (well... Darth Vader too but does that count?)

Ahhh just hearing Luke speak gets me so pumped. Here's a breakdown of what I care most about in Ep 8:

80% Luke Skywalker

15% Leia (just because of Carrie :'( )

5% the other parts of the movie

Yeah, even though she gets tons of shit, even Padme (aside being a total idiot when it comes to Anakin) was pretty badass, Especially in Episode 2. Usually I forget about that because Episode 2 is by far my least favorite Star Wars movie.

On an unrelated note, I love that Carrie Fisher tribute that Star Wars released the other day. So sad, but so fun at the same time. I feel like in the past few years I've just started to really love Carrie Fisher as a person, instead of as a Star Wars character. She's so funny and so open about all of her issues and stuff, she ended up being really inspiring to me as I got to know more about her. Last year was a really shitty year for celebrity deaths, but Carrie's death hurts by far the worst for me. Still can't really believe she's gone, especially since we're getting another movie with her in December, and then another one in 2019 (I may be wrong but I think it was recently confirmed that some Leia footage that Fisher shot for episode 8 will be used in episode 9).

• Like 1

All I know is that if the Jedi actually cease to exist after this movie I'm gonna be pissed.

I wanted to see Luke with a new Jedi Order in TFA and that didn't happen. I still want to see some sort of Jedi revival in the future. Total letdown that after "Return of the Jedi" we didn't get to actually see any kind of return of the Jedi.

Episode 7 is kind of like this:

You wanted to see the Jedi make a comeback? Well they kind of did, but died out again before this movie started!

You wanted to see how the galaxy is faring under a functioning New Republic? Well we're just going to show the New Republic blow up.

You miss the old classic characters? Here's Han, and he hasn't done anything cool in the past 30 years. And he's dead now.

You thought you would get to see Luke, Han, and Leia all together again? Well fuck you!

• Like 1

On 4/14/2017 at 8:39 PM, knapton said:

classic Knapton, too long of a post, can't read, therefore you have no good point.  I'm sure the movie will be fine, but I'm tired of teasers or trailers that are nothing but pure hype with no actual substance to get excited about.  That's the TL;DR for those that struggle to read more than 3 sentences.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ghent said:

It's not the length, it's the lack of paragraphs that make your posts tough to commit to Mike.

On 4/14/2017 at 8:39 PM, knapton said:

You guys gotta get on the same page.